Location: Kitisuru, Nairobi
Terms of Service: 1-year Contract (renewable on satisfactory performance)
Salary: KES 22,000 Monthly
Job Posting: 24th August 2020
Who are we?
Named after the beautiful, ancient, iconic cattle breed of East Africa, the Ankole Watusi, we aspire to bring you a unique African steak – house experience!
We invite you to be part of our team by submitting your application to the following role based in Nairobi.
Main Purpose & Scope The Job: The Prep-Cook will be responsible for preparing food products of the highest quality in terms of freshness, taste, and consistency, with strict adherence to food and health guidelines and in accordance with Ankole Grill policies, procedures, and standards established to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for mis-en-place for the station, set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Assists in the preparation of food in a quick and pleasant manner.
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Assists in the daily cleanup of the kitchen and service areas.
- Performs major cleaning of refrigerators and storerooms at regularly scheduled intervals as designated by the head chef
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Reports immediately to the cook and or any senior members of the kitchen team any problem or accident occurring in the kitchen
- Follow the prep list created by chefs to plan duties
- Label and stock all ingredients on shelves so they can be organized and easily accessible.
- Measure ingredients and seasonings to be used in cooking
- Prepare cooking ingredients by washing and chopping vegetables, cutting meat etc.
- Undertake basic cooking duties.
- Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
- 3 years’ experience in the hospitality industry in a similar role preferably in a 4 star or 5 Star establishment.
- Diploma or certificate in food production,
- HACCP and hygiene training
- Practical culinary skills
- Familiarity with professional kitchen equipment.
- Understanding of food safety practices
- Able to work under pressure and long hours
- Excellent personal hygiene and grooming habits.
- Customer service oriented with a lively, energetic, and outgoing personality.
- Well-organized and detail oriented.
- Strong safety and hygiene awareness
- Knowledgeable about the culinary industry.
- Be open to working flexible shifts and on weekends and holidays.
Are you interested in this position and do you meet the minimum requirements?
Apply by sending an email with your CV and a convincing cover letter to email@example.com
Include passport picture, current, expected salary and notice period with your CV.
The application deadline is 6th September 2020.
Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.