Astral Industries Limited is a leading manufacturer of Plastic Molded Tanks, Pressed Steel Tanks, Steel Structures, Fuel Tanks, Hot Water Cylinders, General Fabricator and regular service maintenance.
Astral Industries Limited was established in 2004 and is currently 15 years old with more than 500 distributors all over Kenya is looking to find competent and self-driven individuals to fill the position of Plastics Engineer.
Location: Isinya Kajiado County
Salary: As per the current structure in place.
Job Purpose: Manage the plastics closures / perform shift operation to ensure optimum performance of machines, material usage and continuously improve efficiency, develop team skills and create optimized work environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all the operations in the shift of closure/perform/blow molding manufacturing section.
- Perform manufacturing line startup and shut down by ensuring the required raw materials for the whole shift by ensuring the required raw materials for the whole shift as per the daily production plan.
- Ensure quality of finished goods as per the expected quality norms by coordination with production staff.
- Responsible for Processing parameter settings and trouble settings and submit the production report and material yield.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the machines are running smoothly as per the SOP, monitor the hourly log sheet maintained by the machine operator.
- Responsible for leading the preventive maintenance/breakdown maintenance and mold maintenance.
- Responsible for on the job training to new operators and current operators.
- Responsible for efficient usage of materials and controls on recycling of plastic materials.
- Responsible for section safety and hygiene.
Knowledge and Experience
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office software applications.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Cooperative attitude toward co-workers and management.
- Experience of 7 years in a plastics industry.
Education and Certification
- BSC Engineering / B.E. Engineering (Plastics) or BSC Engineering with Diploma of CIPET for plastic Engineering Technology.
How to Apply
Candidates are kindly advised to indicate in the subject the position applied for and should submit their applications and updated detailed CV indicating qualifications, current salary, expected salary and working experience and day time telephone to email@example.com before 25th August 2020.