Vacancy Announcement: Backend API Developer
Our client deals in high quality Bulk LPG gas which is ideal for industrial and commercial consumers spanning from plastic manufacturing, steel shaping, glass making, hospitals, hotels, aerosols manufacturing.
Our client has the capacity to fulfil the LPG gas requirements.
Our client is looking for an experienced and seasoned Backend Api Developer.
Purpose Statement of the Position: We are looking for an experienced Backend API developer with experience designing and building REST API’s as the company extends the web infrastructure to integrate with systems using REST API.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Involvement in all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Place a high value on the quality of deliverables
- Produce deliverables according to client timelines, using established development tools, resources, and procedures.
- Employ excellent organization skills, ability to multitask and handle multiple projects
- Build C#/ASP.NET Core MVC applications for multiple Clients/Channels
- Work with the development team to design, develop, test and deploy highly interactive and data- driven web applications
- Develop REST/JSON Web Services and back-office applications using the newest Microsoft stack of technologies including ASP.NET Core MVC, C# and SQL Server.
- Apply good technical practices and contribute to the application architecture with a focus on scalability, maintainability, security, and performance.
- Design and write unit tests and participate in code reviews
- Research and utilize new technologies on an ongoing basis
- Provide diagnostic support and fix defects as needed
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to other engineers
- 2 or more years creating custom directives within the .NET Framework and an in-depth understanding of Web Services/API’s.
- Proficient experience developing Web-Based Applications with Integration points for enterprise level companies
- Strong Software Development Lifecycle experience (Agile methodology experience is preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of web evolution and architectures
- Thorough understanding of the fundamentals of software design principles, patterns, and practices
- Solid understanding of relational database concepts, data modelling, and design
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools, Micro services and Docker
Prior experience with any of the following technologies / tools is a plus.
- Test Driven Development
- Agile, OOP/Coding design patterns
- Strong T-SQL/Stored Procedure experience, NoSql experience
- Azure (alternate AWS) experience a plus
- HTML5/CSS pre-processors
- Experience with continuous build/deployment tools a plus
- Experience with Microservice architecture and Docker is an added advantage
- Knowledge of ERP (SAP) integration is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 21st August 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.