Request for Proposals (RFP)
Beekeeping Training Consultancy Services
Ndithini Community Development Association
RFP Reference No. 4802-KEN/2020/08
Ndithini Community Development Association (herein referred to as Ndithini Community Development Association) has received funding from the United States African Development Foundation (USADF) towards its irrigation planning and capacity building.
USADF is an independent Agency of the US government that operates at local levels in Africa in support of economic development.
For further information about the agency visit http://www.usadf.gov.
Ndithini Community Development Association management is formed with the purpose of poverty alleviation by empowering its members through access to microfinance services that contribute to increased access to financial services.
The Procurement Committee for Ndithini Community Development Association now requests sealed proposals from eligible and qualified consultancy firms or individuals to train 45 members of Ndithini Community Development Association board members and its focal group members on beekeeping.
Key areas of the training package shall comprise of the following:
1. Components of beehive and uses of the different products and types of honey
2. Economic, financial, social uses of honey.
3. Beehive maintenance
4. Value addition to honey
5. Branding and packaging
6. Attracting bees and maintenance
8. Honey harvest
9. Appropriate marketing strategy for Ndithini
Training manual, marketing strategy manual and provision of beehives to the trainees shall be the products of this training and they shall be delivered by the consultant to Ndithini Community Development Association and CEZAM & Associates Ltd (ADF Partner in Kenya).
THESE PRODUCTS MUST DEMONSTRATE A PARTICIPATORY PROCESS THAT INVOLVES THE MEMBERS OF NDITHINI IN FORMULATION, HENCE RESPONSIVE TO THE NDITHINI PROJECT MANAGEMENT. A training report will also be expected.
The training report will have addressed the above training areas, trainees concerns in the above sub topics and Ndithini’s area of skills gaps that the Partner will continually address to strengthen the organization’s BEEKEEPING project.
These products shall be submitted in copies as follows:
Requirements for Qualifications:
Consultancy firms/individuals are advised to send separate technical and financial proposals (currency; Kenya shillings) for this assignment as their RFPs. Consultants not disclosing full information in the proposals will be considered non-responsive and their proposals rejected.
Consultancy firms must provide detailed CVs of all technical team members to undertake specific elements of the assignment with a confirmation that they will not change those individuals unless with prior written consent of Ndithini Community Development Association Board or Management Committee.
Interested and eligible bidders may obtain further information through Ndithini Community Development Association coordinator or the undersigned.
1. Certificate of Incorporation;
2. Tax Compliance Certificate;
3. Evidence of previous consultancy work of similar nature, full address and contact of persons of Major clients served with similar works;
4. Accreditation/affiliation certificate, qualification and experience of key staff (Attach CV)
5. Evidence of capability to undertake the assignment.
Quotations are received with the following conditions:
1. All prices quoted should be value added tax (vat) exclusive.
2. The price quoted shall remain valid for 90 days after opening of the bids.
3. Comprehensive detail of other costs to be incurred. For examples, transport and other necessary expense expected to be incurred in executing the activity applied for should be specified in the proposal.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria above, please submit your proposal and copies of all required documents on or before 14th August 2020 via email to email@example.com and copied to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LATE Bids will not be considered.