Job Vacancy: Building Engineer
Job Purpose: The Building Engineer will be in-charge of the Building wing – Residential and Commercial properties, these includes conducting surveys, engaging in research, analyzing results, planning the construction, designing and building it to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect the site to ensure that the building which will be put up can be accommodated by that area in relation to ground and water level and also determine the grade and elevation levels of the area.
- Meet operational standards by contributing construction information in strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
- Meet construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
- Assist in conducting inspections on construction projects at critical phases
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Building Technology, Civil Engineering or a related course.
- Must have worked as a Mason before.
- Knowledge in IT & modern Engineering software will be a plus.
- Should have 3 years of experience in Building and Masonry.
- Honest with outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and result oriented.
- High integrity, maturity and good character.
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Problem solving skills
- Pleasant personality, self-driven and able to work under minimum supervision.
Applications and well updated CVs are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd August 2020 & Addressed to the Recruitment Team with three referees who MUST be the immediate supervisors; the subject title should read Building Engineer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KINDLY NOTE THAT WE DO NOT CHARGE ANY FEES FOR OUR APPLICATIONS.