Century Microfinance Bank Limited seeks to fill the position of Branch Manager.
Reporting to: Head of Business development
Job Purpose: To maintain operational excellence for the branch to support high standards of service delivery.
- Manage cash holding and liaising with the Manager, Branch Operations and Control to meet branch targets reflecting risk and non-productive assets reduction in order to ensure that there is enough cash/change in the branch and any excess cash should be transferred to the Head Office for outward transmission.
- Ensures that all the cash shortage/excess is immediately reported to the Business Development.
- Prudent Cash management in the branch to ensure that there is adequate but not excess cash holding for smooth delivery of service to customers.
- Minimize risks of loss and opportunity for revenues.
- Managing the Safe Deposits Lockers and dual custodian of the strong room.
- Responsible for all operational activities in cash, clearing, and transfers.
- Managing staffing levels at the counter (Tellers) and other front office desks.
- Supervision of account opened.
- Bank teller transactions.
- Supervision of registration of customers in mobile banking platform by the customer service officer.
Customer Control Function
- Cheque books issuance.
- Contribute to business growth by generating sales leads, cross selling and deposit mobilization.
- Adhere to all the due diligence measures when establishing customer relationships as enshrined in the Bank’s AML, KYC & Bank’s operations policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Maintain the security and confidentiality of the bank and customer information.
- Support business development through generation of sales leads and escalation to the Manager.
- Mobilizing deposits and opening new accounts.
- Maintaining all fixed deposits in the branch.
- Issuing certificates for new accounts.
- Closing accounts as required.
- Ensure all blank forms are reconciled on a daily basis including customer cheque books held, bank drafts, and Fixed deposits receipts.
- Daily checking of all the transfer vouchers and ensuring that the same are properly stitched.
- Ensure that all entries are verified in the system at close of day and bring to the attention of the Manager any outstanding entries.
- All accounts modifications.
- Mpesa reconciliations posting.
- All wallet modifications/creations.
- Group receipts posting.
- Accountable to comply with the bank policy, procedures including fraud prevention internally and externally as contained in the Security Manual.
- Monitor, on a continuous basis, all transitions to ensure that unusual and suspicious transactions are reported to the Risk & Compliance Officer.
- Obtain, verify and maintain proper identification of customers wishing to open accounts or make transactions whether directly or through proxy.
- Other office duties assigned by the Manager.
- Maintain and improve on branch performance
Education: Business related degree and/or Diploma.
Knowledge and Skills: Business management skills.
Experience: At least 4 years in Operations
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team leader/player.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career, then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com cc firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title by 11th August, 2020.