Job Title: Sales Manager – Chemicals
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: USD 1500 (Negotiable)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Our client, a company dealing with chemicals such as :
- Solvents (Toluene, Hexane, white spirits)
- Alcohols (methanol, ethanol)
- Inorganic chemicals (caustic soda, soda ash, sodium nitrate)
- Lubricants and oil additives
- Organic chemicals (glycerin, glycols, acetic acid)
- Automotive and performance fluids (brake fluids)
- Polyurethane chemicals (TDI, polyol)
- Cosmetics & detergents
- Oil and gas
They are looking to fill the role of a Sales Manager with similar experience in a busy company dealing with the above-mentioned products.
The jobholder will drive business in the company to realize profits.
The job is based in Kampala Uganda.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Focus on personal sales targets and new business development.
- Proper customer base in Uganda is required
- Follow the basic rules laid down in the management systems.
- Coordinate customer contacts with respective importance to develop his leads to improve the sales.
- Servicing existing accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Qualify and approach new customers allocated to you for development and ensure new wins every month.
- Manage relationships with allocated existing or new customers and ensure business continuity to avoid down trading.
- Ensure maximum achievement of all sales interactions as agreed with the field sales manager .i.e. maximum field sales calls
- Support in conducting Sales campaigns with targeted customers identified by campaign for each trade lane development.
- Enhance teamwork with other sales members by reporting new market trends, competitor’s behavioral patterns, undercutting practices and observe any new market entrants.
- Daily use of Client relationship management tool to book meetings, companies targeted and ensure monthly targeted opportunities are met.
- Market forecasting and analyzation of net profit targets each month on new sales accounts in line with annual targets.
- Spotting new business opportunities from projects, multinationals, manufacturers and retail segments of the market.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business administration, Marketing or related fields
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales & Marketing those with a background selling above mentioned products will be given priority
- Good knowledge of Ugandan market is required
- Pleasant personality, strong presentation skills, excellent managerial skills (planning & budgeting, organizing, controlling, etc.)
- Decision making & problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence effectively at all levels of the organization
- Team player
- Ability to build strong and long-lasting profitable relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills and disciplined
- Must be aggressive, proactive and have a strong business acumen
- Strong decision making skills, loyalty to brand & Collaborative skills
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted