Job Title: Chief Finance Officer (CFO)
Industry: FMCG Manufacturing
Job Purpose: Streamline the company’s Finance Structure in line with corporate strategy; provide strategic and financial guidance to ensure company objectives are met and develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure sound financial management
- Submit a monthly checklist to the Managing Director in line with the monthly reporting timetable and establish effective financial planning, analysis and measurement techniques, and oversee the development of financial reporting, business plans, forecasts and budgets for the company
- Implement all aspects of cash flow, cost allocation, budgeting, forecasting, financial statements, consolidations, financial modelling and analysis for a complex social enterprise.
- Develop, maintain and monitor internal controls over all finances and ensure that such internal controls are consistent. Ensure appropriate policies and procedures are developed, communicated and monitored. Assess strengths and weaknesses of financial management strategies and implement strategic and tactical steps to improve them.
- Coordinate the activities of external auditors and respond to external auditors’ reports including the implementation of recommendations. In this role he/she will also prepare the annual consolidated financial reports.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory requirements affecting the company’s financial operations, including applicable tax laws in Kenya and in any new countries the company may establish operations in.
- Work collegially with other members of management and staff to integrate financial elements into its strategy.
Financial Planning and Budgeting:
- Lead the process in the preparation of budget estimates
- Regularly monitor expenditure against budget and advises the Managing Director on variances, cost escalations, and budget reallocations
- Prepare comprehensive financial models for various to deliver cash flow forecast, scenario analysis, risk assessment and return analysis
- Counter-approve all Local Purchase Orders (LPO’s)
- Act as first signatory on all payments (cheques and wire transfers) to suppliers
- Ensure correct allocation of costs and review cost structure and allocations.
- Review and authorize the staff payroll on a monthly basis
- Ensure that all statutory deductions are effected and remitted within the stipulated period(s).
- Ensure that banking arrangements are adequate to support the activities of the company
- Ensure all bank transactions conform with the agreed upon banking contracts, controls and arrangements
- Maintain cash flows and liquidity at optimum levels
Annual accounts and Audit:
- Prepare and consolidate the annual accounts for the company
- Facilitate the carrying out of the external audit
- Regularly review and update the company’s internal controls and procedures manual
- Advise the Managing Director on any necessary amendments
- Partner with the Managing Director and the Senior Leadership to build a culture of high performance.
- Recruit and provide line management, mentorship and support to the Finance teams.
- A degree in finance/accounting and full professional qualification such as CPA or ACCA
- Master degree preferably in business is an added advantage
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- 10- 12 years work experience which should include management experience and an understanding of the various financial and tax compliance requirements
- Candidate must have experience in manufacturing or FMCG industry
- Experience in implementation of computerized financial systems and/ or ERP.
- Experience of designing and implementing effective financial systems and controls for efficient financial management and performance monitoring;
Candidate MUST be currently or previously working and residing in Mombasa
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Communication skills, both oral and in writing
- Deals well with pressure
- Interpersonal skills
- Reporting Skills
- Analytical Thinking Skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good time management skills
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to email@example.com before the end of day 17th September 2020.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted