Corporation Secretary and Manager Legal
Our client is a Statutory Agency established under the Competition Act, No. 12 of 2010 (“the Act”).
Our client’s mandate is to enforce the Act with the aim of enhancing the welfare of the people of Kenya by promoting and protecting effective competition in markets and preventing misleading market conduct in Kenya.
On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit a highly experienced, competent, motivated and self-driven individual, with excellent credentials and a strategic mind to competitively fill the vacant position.
- Providing Secretarial services to the Board;
- Advising on Corporate Governance within the organization;
- Advising the Board on relevant laws;
- Communicating to Management on Board resolutions for implementation;
- Developing and implementing Capacity building programmes for the Board;
- Custodian of Board documents as, Board minute Books, Board policy documents, Board register of Conflict interest and register of Board attendance;
- Facilitating Induction of Board members, annual Board evaluation and Governance audit;
- Overseeing representation of the Authority before the Tribunal;
- Advising on legal matters within the Authority;
- Managing the litigation function of the Authority;
- Initiating development of legal strategies for management of disputes;
- Managing the implementation of legal risk mitigation measures and updating of the Departmental Enterprise Risk Register ;
- Coordinating legal support in preparation of legal documents, contracts, leases and other related documents;
- Managing implementation of Departmental deliverables in realization of the Authority’s Strategic Plan and Performance Contract; and
- Developing Departmental work plans and budgets;
- Minimum ten (10) years relevant work experience with at least three (3) years in supervisory capacity;
- Bachelor of Laws degree from a recognized institution;
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law;
- Master’s degree in Law or other relevant Social Science from a recognized University;
- Admission to the Roll as an Advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- Certified Public Secretary, Kenya (CPSK) or its equivalent;
- Membership of the Law Society of Kenya and Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya (ICPSK);
- Valid Practicing Certificates.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Candidates interested in the aforementioned position must meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
Applicants should CLICK HERE to fill and submit the employment application form that is also available on this website.
In addition, please attach copies of your certificates and testimonials that details your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role.
Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address as well as names and address of three professional referees.
Applicants should email their applications to email@example.com clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of your email.
Applications should reach us not later than 5 pm on Friday 14th August, 2020.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an “ ALL Inclusive Employer”.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.