Vacancy Announcement: Database Administrator
Our client deals in high quality Bulk LPG gas which is ideal for industrial and commercial consumers spanning from plastic manufacturing, steel shaping, glass making, hospitals, hotels, aerosols manufacturing. Our client has the capacity to fulfil the LPG gas requirements.
We are seeking technically skilled Database Administrators with experience in designing, creating, performance tuning and security of our database.
The candidate should have extensive knowledge of the MSSQL, PostgreSQL and Mongo DB databases software.
Purpose Statement of the Position: The Database Administrator should be technically skilled Database Administrators with experience in designing, creating, performance tuning and security of our database.
You should have extensive knowledge of the MSSQL, PostgreSQL and Mongo DB databases software .
Duties and Responsibilities
- Install, configure, patch, and upgrade database software (MS SQL cluster, PostgreSQL, Mongo DB)
- Write stored procedures, functions, triggers to be consumed by backend developers
- Manage the operations for both development and production databases
- Create and configure monitors to establish the health of servers and the databases running on them.
- Troubleshoot database software issues and performance bottlenecks
- Design, implement, maintain and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture as required
- Work with internal teams to plan and schedule application upgrades
- Manage day-to-day replication processes.
- Work with software developers to help determine and deploy the best data store technology and data model strategy for their needs.
- Reporting on metrics regarding usage and performance.
- Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection.
- Regularly liaising with Software project managers and database programmers.
- Designing databases with both front-end and back-end users in mind.
- Proficiency in data manipulation languages, including MS SQL, PostgreSQL and NoSQL (Mongo DB)
- BS/MS in Computer Science, IT, MIS or similar relevant field
- Deep understanding of NoSQL and relational databases and database fundamentals, including data storage, data modelling, and data access patterns
- Hands on experience with Windows server administration, including hardware and software troubleshooting, system maintenance, and design.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture and Docker and added advantage
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 21st August 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.