Exciting FMCG Areas Sales Manager (ASM) – Beverages Job Opportunities
Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturer with a huge market footprint in the confectionery and beverages market in Kenya and the region.
Due to business growth of the newly launched Beverages Division, they seek to recruit dynamic, results oriented energetic and self driven individuals for the Positions of Area Sales Manager (ASM) – Beverages for:
- HQ Nairobi – To take care of Nairobi, Murang’a & Machakos HQ
- HQ Nakuru – To take care of Kisumu HQ, Eldoret HQ & Nakuru HQ
- HQ Mombasa – To take care of Mombasa HQ and surroundings
Job title: Area Sales Manager (ASM) – Beverages
Department: Sales and Distribution
Reports to: Trade Sales Manager – Beverages
Salary Range: Kshs 80,000 – 120,000 gross depending on experience
No of Positions: 3 (Three) – (1) one for each Area)
Location: Nairobi, Nakuru and Mombasa
Main Purpose of the Job: The main purpose of the job is to achieve regional sales targets by delivering growth, profitability and cash flow targets to meet business objectives.
Key Deliverables for the Position
- Achieve sales targets and customer base growth.
- Monitor and achieve cash flow targets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Achieve set cost targets
- Implement departmental strategy while monitoring the scope areas in line with overall strategy, policies, processes and procedures achieving the institutions objectives.
- Developing and cascading the Section targets through a performance management structure while inspiring team to achieve the section scorecard in line with overall objective
- Vetting and adding new direct and indirect customers, enhancing business scope.
- Implement efficient route to market, ensuring accurate & timely tracking & reporting of primary and secondary sales, ensuring down the line support.
- Developing customer relationships through regular operational reviews to ensure that product availability, distribution and opportunities are grasped.
- Ensuring achievement of secondary sales targets through distributors, monitoring and reporting to achieve respective territory objectives
- Reporting market trends and competitive information to sales, product development and merchandising for growth of sales and profitability.
- Achieving on time error free and in-full order fulfillment and liquidate slow moving and dead stocks.
- Managing talent in respective territory including coaching, mentoring, developing, motivating, training and evaluating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Implementing best practices in respective areas of work
- Implementing product quality, customer & Service Excellence and Change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Key Indicators and accountabilities
Financial Resources / Other key Resources / Assets
- Finished goods
- People- team of Area Sales Representatives
- Company Vehicle
- Internal –supply chain, Finance, Audit, Marketing, Insurance
- External –customers
Qualifications and work experience
- A degree holder in Sales and Marketing;
- Membership to a relevant professional body e.g. Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- At-least 5 year(s) relevant experience- Prior beverage experience is beneficial.
Other Job Specifications
Job / Functional Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Reporting Skills
- Sales & Marketing Skills
- Relationship Management Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Communication Skills
- IT skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Customer Centric
- Continuous Improvement
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful Sales Career move in the rewarding FMCG sector, apply by submitting your CV in confidence to:
P.O Box 76883-00620,
Via email@example.com and kindly indicate current and expected salary as well as your Area of Choice/Interest in your application subject line or CV.
- Do not attach certificates and testimonials in your application.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 14th August 2020.
- Shortlisting will be carried out on a rolling/ongoing basis.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.