Product Development Coordinator
GeoPoll is a leading research organization that uses mobile phones to gather direct, real-time insights from millions of people throughout Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
Working with clients including global brands, media outlets, and international development groups, GeoPoll facilitates projects that measure vital indicators around the world.
GeoPoll seeks smart, dedicated, and passionate individuals to join our team, and help us improve the lives of citizens around the world through the mobile phone.
About this Role
We are looking for a Product Development Coordinator who will be based in Nairobi to work cross functionally through many independently operating teams. We follow agile and lean startup thinking in our product design/implementation approach. This means understanding of the’ needs/goals of the different stakeholders and working backwards in developing products and using metrics to measure success.
You will work closely with development, design, operations, business development, customer service, and executive teams to bring products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our existing products and features.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer- focused, team oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines.
- Assist in new requirements gathering and analysis, review and documentation of user stories and mock-ups as aligned with the business owner and necessary stakeholders
- Adherence to agile process and product development lifecycle
- Ensure product quality by clearly documenting user/business requirements
- Have basic understanding of manual testing techniques
- Work cross functionally with the different teams outlined and not limited to (Product Managers, Quality Assurance, Software Developers, Business Teams)
- Support Sprint Planning across platforms both Pre and Post to meet Product roadmap and Priority bug fixes delivery timelines
- Experience using project management tracking tools
- Identify risks and issues that will impact delivery
- Assist with End User support management
- Working experience in product management, data analysis, software development.
- Experience taking an idea from theory and analysis, development, and implementation and into a market launch
- Ability to communicate comfortably, confidently, and credibly to share your point of view and expertise.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and comfort collaborating with teams across varying time zones and cultures.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience in IT related field that practices and upholds product/project methodologies
- Any IT related degree
- Process/system design, requirements generation with UIUX design as an added advantage
- Quality assurance basic understanding
- Strengths in issue-resolution and follow up, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated experience engaging with different stakeholders
- Proven ability to work independently to drive projects to completion.
GeoPoll’s parent company is Mobile Accord, Inc. Mobile Accord, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes diversity.
Please submit your CV, salary history and relevant work examples to email@example.com with the subject Product Development Coordinator not later than Friday, 14th August 2020 at 17:00hrs.
Feel free to check out our website: https://www.geopoll.com .