Head of Credit
About The Role: As Head of Credit you would primarily be responsible for customer financing strategy and the execution of this strategy by building and managing a competent team that will execute the strategy; fine tuning the systems and process are in place for better execution of the strategy; managing and reporting potential credit risks; and assessing options for financing the Company’s customer loan portfolio.
Manage the expansion of the Company’s PAYG customer finance offering
- Evaluate the existing PAYG portfolio and use the learnings to design the expansion of the Company’s PAYG offering.
- Partner with the CFO to optimally finance the Company’s PAYG offering.
- Manage and then report on the progress of the expansion of the PAYG offering, using the results to further expand the offering and bring it to full commercialization.
- Liaise with the Company’s legal counsel to optimize and implement improved PAYG contracts.
- Ensure compliance with national regulations and customer protection legislation in each relevant jurisdiction.
Set up a fully commercialize PAYG Portfolio
- Refine the robust customer credit assessment evaluation process in place.
- Optimize the organization’s credit systems and processes in line with the lessons learnt from the existing operations with the objective of minimizing the loss rate, minimizing bad sales, and optimizing collections.
- Define and manage the organization’s credit KPIs, develop dashboards as well as reports required by the board and senior management.
- Partner with the COO to refine the IT systems to deliver the above objectives.
Manage the organization’s credit risk
- Build financial models that predict and help manage the organization’s credit risk exposure.
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations, ensuring strict credit risk controls are in place & adhered to.
- Coordinate all external audits relating to the customer financing function and ensure recommendations are implemented.
- Build, inform and act as an ambassador for the organizational culture, i.e. bring the fun to work.
- Scale up a team to manage the credit and risk systems and processes such as origination, lending, debt collection and repossession, with support from the HR Manager.
- Manage the performance of the credit team in line with agreed KPIs.
- Identify and develop the training required to contribute to the professional growth of the team.
Does this sound like you?
- Degree in Finance, Microfinance, Economics, Credit Management or any other related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the rapid growth environment, i.e. building a new integrated systems in collaboration with other teams.
- Consumer finance and credit risk experience (particularly in the PAYG segment) and assessing complex data sets to optimize credit performance.
- End user asset financing experience in developing countries; experience financing farmers or solar power for low-income consumers will be an advantage.
- Able to represent the credit function at C-Suite and Board level, with the communication skills required to communicate complex messages to a wide variety of audiences.
- Experience of building and managing operational credit teams.
- Proficient in financial modelling and credit analysis.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinker with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Willing and able to make and execute hard decisions – own the process, the strategy and the final outcome.
- Able to manage a variety of large tasks with competing timelines and priorities.
- Enjoy being in the field, but also able to work strategically with the other senior executives.
- Proficient in Excel formulas and data analysis, Powerpoint presentations as well.
- Ability to simplify complex data and concepts into widely digestible and understandable content.
- Able to work under pressure, comfortable with ambiguity in a fast evolving organization, able to plan, be organized and meet deadlines.
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver with “can-do” attitude.
If you meet the above recruitment kindly share your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line: Head of Credit