Job Title: Head of Legal Service – FMCG
Reports to: General Manager
Gross Salary: competitive
Our client is a leading Dairy Farmers Co-operative Society dealing with processed dairy products and fresh milk.
They seek to hire a Head of Legal to play a leading position in the business by providing leadership to the legal department and legal leadership across the business.
The Head of Legal does this by providing proactive, in-depth, legal, business-focused advice to the business, as well as implementing initiatives and processes in order to set standards and reinforce a culture of integrity, quality, ethical behavior and responsibility across the business.
- Analyzing and identifying the legal risks and implications of all of the business’s transactions,
- Keeping the senior management in all departments of the business informed of developments in laws and regulations that potentially affect the business
- S/he is tasked with the implementation of key legal processes that relate to legal drafting, negotiations, and commercial settlement agreements.
- Leading in the management of the business resources and budget allocation for the business’s legal activity.
- Mentor to key legal department staff, encouraging their professional growth, and grooming them for the occupation of his position in future.
- Provide senior leadership across the business with strategic and operational guidance, aiding them in the management of litigation issues such as contract disputes and product liability
- Reviewing and providing advice to the business on matters concerning applicable contracts required for operation of the business.
- Instruct and assist external legal partners where necessary identifying potential legal risks and assessing the issues impacting legal risk, which ensures that all of the business’s risk management approaches are viable.
- Collaboratively work with departmental leadership and key stakeholders across the business in overseeing and ensuring legal compliance across the business, maintaining the business’s integrity both internally and externally (reputational risk).
- Work with departmental leadership across the business in identifying and managing potential legal risk
- Ensure that there are efficient high impact policies such as anti-bribery and corruption, financial transaction compliance, and so forth
- Conducts appraisals for staff;
- Performs any other duties assigned.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law from an accredited law school and at least five years of working experience in a legal corporate environment
- A masters degree in Law will be an added advantage
- CPS finalist
- More than 5 Years experience in a senior position in a commercial organization
- Ability to identify and remedy complex legal issues without inviting the services of external legal advice
- Exceptionally good communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Must be a result-driven and service-driven individual, must have exceptionally good problem solving skills, be highly adaptable and flexible, work comfortably in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, have an ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks and meet tight deadlines, be proactive and self-motivated, have a keen eye for detail, and have an ability to remain calm and composed during times of uncertainty and stress.
- Must possess exceptionally good leadership skills having ability to influence cross-functional teams towards a unified direction along with the business’s senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- S/He must also be a likable and relatable individual who is capable of building strong and long-lasting bonds with others. He will be able to inspire trust and confidence in others who will then trust in his insights and judgments and readily follow in his directives.
- Good report writing skills
- Conflict resolution, persuasion, problem solving, crisis management and decision making skills.
- Good presentation skills.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title and area of preference on the email subject eg. Head of Legal Service – FMCG to email@example.com before close of business 25th August 2020.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.