Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital
Job Advert: ICT Officer
Job Summary: The position is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of ICT to support the operations and service delivery by the Hospital.
The incumbent is responsible for providing technical support of computer hardware, software and accessories; ensuring proper installation and configuration of computer systems; ensuring that the computer systems and networks are properly maintained and functional
- Ensure compliance with policies, operating/administrative procedures, and systems established for the Hospital.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development.
- Manage the resources allocated for ICT services in a prudent manner.
- Provide high quality IT support service to the Hospital and support to users of ICT systems.
- Facilitate regular departmental team meetings to promote communication and information sharing, discuss performance standards and compliance, staffing, monitor general trends in client complaints and other concerns and/or developments.
- Understand and promote emergency and evacuation procedures in line with relevant regulations and/or requirements.
- Provide user management support for user accounts.
- Undertake routine maintenance and check networked workstations and other peripherals; and troubleshoot hardware, software and network operating system.
- Ensure the accurate recording, administration and management of lifecycle of assets and software licenses.
- Manage effective systems for monitoring system security patches and malware updates.
- Ensure that back-ups of data and information are undertaken in line with established policies and procedures, administer and analyze backup issues and backup and recovery operations, maintain backup equipment in serviceable and accessible condition.
- Undertake web or system development as required.
- Train and provide orientation to new users of existing technology.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree/Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or related fields.
- Proficiency in basic computer programming html, CSS, PHP
- Training and/or demonstrated experience in some of the following ICT related activities, including wide or local area network administration, desktop hardware or software support, ICT operations support, security support and database administration in a service delivery environment.
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar position
How to Apply
Applications to be submitted through email@example.com.
The applications to reach us not later than 28th August, 2020.