The Karen Hospital is a 102 bed multispecialty Hospital in Kenya located in Karen along Karen –Langata Road, Nairobi.
We offer patient focused, world class medical treatment and accord the highest standards of medical care to all our patients indiscriminately.
With our State of the art amenities, equipment and our well trained staff, we are committed to delivering the most effective and most compassionate care to all our patients.
Since inception in 2006, The Karen Hospital has been acclaimed for excellence in clinical care in Africa and beyond.
The Karen Hospital is proud to be ISO 9001:2015 certified for compliance with Quality Management Systems and is committed to continuous improvement in service delivery.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated visionary and results oriented candidate to fill in the below positions:
Theatre Nurse Manager
Overall Purpose: Theatre nurse manager is responsible and accountable for the delivery of safe, effective, direct and indirect, patient-family centered care through the continuum of perioperative care to include outpatient/day case surgery unit; preoperative unit; operating room; post-anesthesia care unit; sterile processing department, anesthesia services and Catheterization laboratory.
- Provides leadership and direction for the staff in the surgical services arena while supporting and delivering the goals of the department.
- Supervises and coordinates the daily planning and implementation of the surgery schedule, activities of personnel in the operating room.
- Ensure adherence to procedure and schedule.
- Oversees Pre and Post-operative patients.
- Addresses all issues regarding patient care to ensure all patients / relatives and doctors are satisfied. Acts as a patient advocate and maintains privacy and confidentiality of all appropriate information.
- Oversee the overall running of the department or section in Equipment/inventory responsibility management, ordering, storage and usage.
- Ensure infection control and prevention measures are adhered to and prevention of surgical site infections.
- Ensures the effective delivery of competent, compassionate, and efficient care by monitoring and evaluating patient care processes.
- Operationalises and participates in continuous quality improvement and risk management programs at the department level in a collaborative manner with multi-disciplinary colleagues.
- Monitors fiscal budget to control operational and capital expenditures while monitoring and adjusting staffing patterns to improve unit productivity.
- Ensures adherence to professional standards for nursing care.
- Maintains strong professional relationships with physicians, patients, families and outside agencies.
- Bachelor of Nursing Degree
- Must be a Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing Diploma holder or equivalent preferably one post-basic nursing qualification KRPON.
- Must have Basic Life Support Course and Advanced Cardiac Life Support Course
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Kenya Nursing council
- Minimum of five (5) years Nursing experience plus a minimum of two (2) years of progressive management experience required
- Excellent proficiency in use of Computer
- Proficiency in reporting writing and record keeping.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to visit our website https://www.karenhospital.org/about-us/ and apply via the career portal
OR you can send your CV to us via email to: email@example.com
Closing date: 18th August 2020