The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies at multiple sites in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW / MOH / CDC DART study project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Regional Coordinators (3) should be available to start by 1st sept 2020
The Regional Coordinators will be responsible for the coordination of all project activities within their regions to ensure smooth implementation of the study.
She/he will manage project activities on a day-to day basis, including preparation of communications with and preparation of the Health Facilities for the field staff, coordinate field work activities including making orders, reception and distribution of supplies to the study teams in their regions, and oversee the collection of study data whilst ensuring that these research processes adhere to regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Will act as point person for the Study in their regions
- Oversee study implementation in their regions including coordinating supplies, movement of the field teams in their regions, and supervision of the other staff
- Scheduling and managing all staff members at various study sites in their regions
- Maintain strong relationship with study clinical sites and stakeholders involved in the study in their regions
- Prepare reports related to the study at Study Coordinator or Investigators request
- Ensure smooth and efficient study enrollment
- Make weekly reports on the administration of the study
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Study Coordinator or Investigators
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations in the conduct of the study
Requirements for the Position:
- Degree / Diploma in nursing; MUST be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Previous research experience
- Knowledge of the current ART and PMTCT guidelines an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
Terms of Employment: One month non-renewable contract as per KEMRI/UW scheme of service.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI/UW salary scales.
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete and submit the online application form and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees to email@example.com to reach us by 17th Aug, 2020 at 5.00 p.m.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.