The KEMRI / University of Washington Study
The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI) in collaboration with the University of Washington (UW) is conducting research studies at multiple sites in Kenya.
The KEMRI / UW / MOH / CDC DART study project seeks to recruit dynamic, innovative and experienced persons to fill the following positions:
Study Nurses (12) should be available to start on 1st sept 2020
The Study Nurse shall report to the StudyCoordinator.
S/he shall be expected to work under minimum supervision and provide guidance to investigators on study implementation.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
The responsibilities of the Study Nurse will include, but not limited to the following:
- Act as the point person in the field.
- Coordinate entry into the facility and logistics surrounding data collections and survey administration.
- Data collection from source documents and administration of study questionnaires according to the SOP.
- Ensure all data is of good quality and perform quality checks before submission.
- Ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day operation of research and data collection activities.
- Maintain proper communication between the health facility and Study Coordinator’s office.
- Maintain adequate supplies at the study sites for example study forms.
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Submit daily summary of study progress to the Study Coordinator/data manager and suggestions on any improvements to the study procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure strict compliance with ethical requirements for conduct of research.
- Perform other duties that may be given by the Study Coordinator.
Requirements for the Position:
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing (KRCN/KRN); Must be registered with the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Previous research experience
- Knowledge of MOH records management an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic computer applications.
- Strong organizational skills and financial accountability.
- Commitment to integrity and high quality performance.
- Strong professional references from previous supervisors.
Terms of Employment: One month non-renewable contract as per KEMRI/UW scheme of service.
Remuneration: Compensation is negotiable within a relevant grade, based on educational levels, relevant experience and demonstrated competency. The salary scheme is based on the KEMRI/UW salary scales.
If you meet the above requirements, please CLICK HERE to complete and submit the online application form and then send an application letter with your current CV that contains details of your qualifications, experience and the full time telephone number and names and addresses of 3 professional referees to email@example.com to reach us by 17th Aug, 2020 at 5pm.
Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.