Kenya Orient Insurance Limited
Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports To: Regional Manager
Overall Responsibility: The position will be responsible for the profitable growth of the branch, overseeing the branch operations and maintaining good custody of all the company assets within the branch.
Overseeing branch sales and administrative operations and to ensure completion of performance targets in respect to underwritten premium, client recruitment, quality service and expense control to achieve business objectives. Custodian of Kenya Orient Brand, internal controls and risk management strategies within the branch.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the growth of revenue to the set targets through retention & acquisition of new business on existing accounts and new ones.
2. Marketing strategy formulation and implementation for the branch in line with overall company objectives.
3. Monitoring market activities and identifying ways in which the company’s services can be improved and rendered more competitive.
4. Promoting business growth and achievement of set performance growth targets by marketing Kenya Orient as a brand and selling its general insurance products to new and existing customers.
5. Implementing the branch sales strategy.
6. Identify/ develop new business opportunities and intermediaries.
7. Manage direct sales, individual, corporate, agents and broker sales.
8. Responsible for revenue assurance through accountability of insurance certificates allocated to the branch.
9. Manage credit control and premium collection in line with credit policy.
10. Manage approval of premium refunds and underwriting credit notes.
11. Manage commissions’ payments for intermediaries at the branch level.
12. Manage costs within the branch in order to achieve desired profitability and set management expense ratios.
13. Ensuring that branch operations run smoothly and profitably so that quality service is provided to customers at all times.
14. Control and account for branch petty cash and sundry expenses including issuance of cash count certificates.
15. Manage the quality of business to maintain the agreed level of claims ratios.
16. Enforcing the set underwriting guidelines.
17. Ensure that all company monies are receipted and banked as per company guidelines.
18. Review business retention and profitability reports and take corrective action.
19. Vetting risks before they are accepted in the company books.
20. Leading and motivating the branch team to ensure achievement of branch objectives in alignment with company strategy.
21. Establish and maintain a good relationship with brokers, agents and clients. Also maintain close liaison with other departments in the Company
22. Visiting, developing and maintaining good rapport with customers and handling their queries and reporting on any significant/persistent concerns to management.
- A bachelor’s degree in business related course (Insurance Option, Marketing, Business Administration, and Finance) or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Advanced Diploma in Insurance (ACII/AIIK).
- Six (6) years’ experience, two (2) of which should be at supervisory level or above
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the required qualifications, skills and experience, kindly CLICK HERE and apply on or before Friday, August 28, 2020.