Kenya Revenue Authority
Recruitment for Commissioner of Domestic Taxes
Our client, the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is the principal revenue collector for the Government of Kenya, with the primary goal of delivering Kenya to financial self-sufficiency through effective tax revenue mobilization.
KRA is seeking to recruit a results oriented leader with ability to work under pressure and stand by ethical principles and possess the wherewithal to successfully manage change to fill the position of Commissioner responsible for Domestic Taxes.
Reporting to the Commissioner General, the Commissioner of Domestic Taxes will be responsible for setting the overall direction of the department and providing leadership of the department within the context of the Authority’s overall strategic plan.
- Oversee and implement tax policy measures to improve revenue collection and protection ¡n Domestic Taxes Department.
- Develop and implement strategies to effectively collect revenue due from economic activities, recruit taxpayers to broaden tax base and enhance tax compliance, as well as formulate and implement measures to counter tax evasion and efficient modalities for tax refunds processing;
- Oversee regional operators that ensure compliance (registration, filing, payment and reporting) of taxpayers with the tax revenue laws:
- Promote enhanced tax compliance amongst government entities, manage large taxpayers in the various clusters of large, medium and international taxpayers;
- Drive effectiveness in enforcement of outstanding debt and refund management,
- Drive transformation and change agenda in Domestic Taxes Department in the areas of improved customer service focus, data driven tax compliance, automation, redesigned processes, emerging new roles and technologies, ethics and culture;
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the audit, integrity, quality management system (QMS) and corporate risk management initiatives in the department; and
- Oversee day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performances development and motivation of staff in the department.
- Be a holder of a university degree in Finance. Business, Economics, Fiscal Management, Law or related fields from a recognized university. A Master’s degree and relevant professional qualification shall be an added advantage,
- Have at least Fifteen (15) years’ work experience ¡n Tax Administration, Fiscal Management or Commerce, with not less than ten (10) years ¡n a senior leadership role, in corporate management operations in a large public or private organisation;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience ¡n firm and strategic leadership orientation, with high standards of integrity and ability to instil the same among teams are critical for this role;
- Must be a change catalyst with ability to manage change resistance, drive performance and team results with available resources; and
- Should have demonstrable experience working in a fast paced high pressure environment, with strong ability to persuade and influence, as well as problem solving and decision making skills.
This appointment is on contractual terms for a period of three (3) renewable for one (1) further term, subject to relevant public service regulations governing staff tenure.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo corruption and security background vetting in accordance with KRA and Government procedures.
Applicants will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including- A Valid Certificate of Tax Clearance from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations, clearance from the Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), i.e., Certified copy of duly completed First Schedule (S.13) Self Declaration form from EACC, clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and a report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above roles please submit your application, including copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
For the full details about this position and how to apply, kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via
Email or hard copy applications will not be accepted.
All applications MUST be submitted through the erecruitment portal to be considered.
To be considered, your application must be received by not later than 28 August 2020 addressed to:
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
The Kenya Revenue Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.