Exciting Career Opportunities in Manufacturing – Maintenance Manager
We are a leading Quality PVC Pipes and fittings manufacturer based in Nairobi.
Due to business growth and operational needs, we seek to recruit a qualified, experienced, dynamic, results oriented, energetic and self driven individual for the Position of Maintenance Manager.
Job title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job purpose: The main purpose of the job is to support and facilitate smooth operations by ensuring that electrical and mechanical equipment are in good production shape through scheduled and routine maintenance and providing leadership and supervision to the team below them.
Duties and responsibilities
- Advise the management on maintenance issues that may stall or slow production
- Supervise the maintenance, service and onsite overhaul of electrical and mechanical machines and equipment;
- Supervise and motivate the team of supervisors and technicians working under them;
- Track equipment and machine performance and make recommendations appropriately;
- Troubleshooting and repairs of electrical and mechanical equipment within the factory;
- Attend breakdowns of production machines and utility machines;
- Daily breakdown tracing and report generation;
- Handling of multi scale tasks involving electrical, electronic and mechanical operation;
- Responsible for ensuring minimum spare part usage;
- Responsible for audit compliance & audit work using the existing standards;
- Ensure complete compliance to prescribed GMP, within the plant;
- Oversee performance of electrical and mechanical maintenance and repair duties as they arise;
- Performing other duties as may be required of them from time to time.
- Experience in both Electrical & Mechanical maintenance of equipment, components & installations.
- Experience in installation of fresh electrical components & Fittings.
- At least 10 years work experience in a busy organization.
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or equivalent will be desirable.
- Sound Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and related aspects in a production set up.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving approach.
Aged below 45 years.
- Good oral & written proficiency in both English & Kiswahili languages.
- Unquestionable integrity with no past criminal record.
- Ability to work under minimum or no supervision.
- Must be self-motivated/self driven
If you meet the above criteria and are interested in making a meaningful career move, apply by submitting your cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates & testimonials addressed to:
Deadline for application shall be 5.00 PM Wednesday August 19, 2020.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.