Job Title: Mason
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares surfaces prior to beginning work.
- Fabricates, alters, repairs, and maintains walls, sidewalks, street curbs, floors, bathroom showers, sink counters, partitions, manholes, and other related structures or surfaces.
- Lays blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings.
- Determines work requirements and sequence of masonry/tile assignments through review of work orders, plans, or drawings.
- Lays out work using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, squares, and levels.
- Mixes cement using hoes, cement-mixing equipment, and/or hand tools.
- Cuts or breaks bricks and concrete using hammers, powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills, and/or hand tools.
- Estimates materials and labor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a certificate qualification in Masonry
- Knowledge of related tools, masonry techniques, equipment and materials.
- Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces.
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective matches this exciting position, please forward your application, detailed CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on 31st August 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted