A Micro-lending institution is looking for a Chief Operations Officer for its operation in Kenya.
Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the position is responsible for operations strategies and business growth to deliver effective and profitable operation of the business, and enhance the Company’s profile in the marketplace.
He/she will be responsible lending, branch network management. product development, marketing, customer experience. policy development and application of internal controls.
Key Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop plans for business growth and profitability targets of the Company.
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance to generate a healthy portfolio on a monthly basis, including client satisfaction metrics
- Supervise the field operations team comprising of marketers to ensure they perform their duties optimally.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Prepare budgets, annual business plans and operational plans.
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in the line with the company’s corporate strategy and ensure compliance.
- Oversee preparation of Audited accounts and the monthly management accounts.
- Implement the microfinance plan focusing on increasing the outreach of the Company through opening of new branches, and development of new products.
- Lead in finance generation for onward lending to customers
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Key Performance Indicators
- Market share growth
- Statutory compliance
- Return on Investment (ROI)
- Accurate Investment advice on projects — time, scope and budgets
- Budget/forecast accuracy
- Timely planning/ cash management/Investment advise
- Systems control
- A Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in business administration, management, finance, economics, commerce or equivalent from a reputable university.
- At least over 5 years relevant experience in comparable positions in terms of responsibility in microfinance or similar organization in an operations line-management role.
- Experience in credit origination and credit risk assessment in a lending environment coupled with mobilization and delivery channel development.
- Flexible and resourceful: the ability to work in a start—up.
- Acquaintance with the MIS & Accounting systems for day to day microfinance operations;
- A thorough understanding of microfinance performance metrics/indicators and the ability to Interpret and preservations data:
Behavioural Competencies Level
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer orientation
- Communication skills
- Holding people accountable
- Leadership and developing others
- Financial Acumen
- Budget formulation and monitoring
- Financial Analysis and Reporting
- Capacity building
- Financial Planning Management and Internal Controls
- Supply chain and Risk Management
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact to
firstname.lastname@example.org before Saturday, 29th August 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.