General Assembly Supervisor
Overview: Designed, engineered, and built in Kenya, Mobius Motors sells highly durable, highly affordable vehicles for Africa’s mass market. Versatile, rugged, and durable, it is designed for African cities whilst still being extremely capable off-road.
We are seeking to hire an exceptional General Assembly Supervisor interested in a truly unique entrepreneurial opportunity to create impact on a global scale as part of our Production Team.
The Production team ensures that Mobius Motors executes a rigorous, efficient manufacturing process to deliver product on time, first-time right, and at the right cost.
This encompasses the following areas:
- Process – Own Manufacturing processes (cyclic and non-cyclic) by creating, maintaining, improving & manage adherence to by training and auditing.
- Operations – Ensure that production schedules are met at cost, on time, at the required quality and safety levels.
- Team Management – Manage a motivated, skilled, and efficient Team to achieve company goals and objectives.
Every member of the Production team takes responsibility for supporting the business needs above, which may require expanding responsibilities as needed, additional learning, and tackling new professional challenges beyond what is reflected in this Job Description.
Functional Areas and Responsibilities
- Work Instructions: Own the work instructions for both cyclic and non-cyclic operations from creating them, making improvements. This applies to all processes under control and responsible for.
- Execution: Train team members, create versatility and monitoring compliance to process.
- Schedule achievement: Manage resources to achieve schedule in an efficient way.
- Tools and Equipment: Ensure all equipment is available and functional to meet the scheduled needs in a safe and efficient way.
- Safety: Manage PPE, hazardous materials, disciplines, and processes by setting standards, managing against the standards, and leading by example.
- Housekeeping: Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Re-Rating + Line Balancing: Adjust production set-up as required to achieve production targets in an efficient way.
- Continuous Improvement: Instil a culture of continuous improvement in the work force. Drive continuous improvement initiatives and processes to drive operational efficiency (cost), quality & safety by reducing waste.
- Changes Management: Manage all man, material, machine, method & environment changes while maintaining stable operations to protect throughput, safety, and quality.
- Leadership: Provide leadership and direction for all members of the production team and coordinate the team’s efforts with other support areas.
- Teamwork: Work cross functionally with different teams to achieve company goals.
- Development: Identify development opportunities to grow individuals and support development plans through coaching/teaching, job rotation and application of company resources.
- Performance Management: Use the company performance system to create alignment of expectations, mutual understanding of actual performance, and support means to improve performance.
- Cost: Achieve financial objectives by preparing the budget, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Continuous Improvement: Support and generate ompany initiatives & ideas in reducing costs.
Qualifications – Knowledge, skills, and any other information required to be successful in this role.
Academic & Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar
Functional Knowledge & Skills
- 5 to 10 years of experience in managing a production line or manufacturing team with motor vehicle assembly as a major process, preferably with a major automotive company
- Need to be mechanically minded and hands on person
- Capable of doing root cause analyses and corrective action on all types of mechanical and electrical vehicle defects
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Leading of teams, own & cross functional
- Be able to drive and see continuous improvement and waste elimination opportunities
- Understanding and implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
- Creative thinker that can work under pressure
- Understand basic business fundamentals & financials
- Be a good listener
- Cross functional & Multidisciplinary team player
- Be a coach and a teacher to all levels of the organization
**Please note that the application channel is firstname.lastname@example.org
The job title should be the subject of the email.
Deadline is 25th September 2020