Job Vacancy: Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – DAI KIWASH Project
DAI, a global development consulting firm, seeks applications from qualified candidates for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist for the Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (KIWASH) project.
The Kenya Integrated Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (KIWASH) Project is a USAID-funded project with its primary goal being to improve lives and health of Kenyan citizens in nine counties through development and management of sustainable WASH services.
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
From September 2020 to September 2021, through a 12-month extension, KIWASH will pivot its activities to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic while maintaining and advancing the development gains with county governments, water service providers, WASH enterprises and sector stakeholders.
In its six year of implementation, KIWASH targets to improve access to drinking water, sanitation and hygiene services for at least 140,000 Kenyan citizens in the nine counties.
KIWASH activities are implemented in nine counties in two principal focus areas: Busia, Nyamira, Migori, Siaya, Kisumu, and Kakamega counties in the Lake Victoria Focus Area, and Kitui, Makueni, and Nairobi counties in the Tana/Athi Focus Area.
DAI/KIWASH is recruiting for two M&E Specialists; for the Nairobi and Kisumu offices.
This position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.
Summary of Primary Duties: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist will assist the Senior M&E Manager to design and manage systems for data collection, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management.
S/he will also assist the Senior M&E Manager to ensure that the KIWASH project team generates data and learns from project activities on an ongoing basis to identify the highest return opportunities; ensure effective knowledge management; inform the project’s adaptive management approach; and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
S/He will assist the Senior M&E Manager to undertake the following tasks:
- S/he will support the Senior M&E Manager to Develop and roll-out the KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and dissemination of materials;
- Oversee implementation of the KIWASH Performance Management Plan (PMP) and M&E system; set up and maintain the M&E systems;
- Ensure high data quality through regular quality control reviews: facilitate and ensure collection of high quality data;
- Establish strategies to streamline the M&E process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information; and help implement the same;
- Will support the implementation of the project’s Learning Agenda and provide comprehensive analysis of learning outcomes to inform project interventions.
- Support technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets and gather quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators and targets;
- Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation;
- Conduct participatory M&E of field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impacts;
- Supervision and monitoring of remote data collection
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
- Will support the program units with data analysis, reporting and presentation for the quarterly and annual reports;
- Conduct M&E training to partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in M&E, Statistics or related field;
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization especially in the design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies, and impact evaluations for complex development programs.
- Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans.
- Experience with Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) and Knowledge Management practices
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills;
- Ability to create organizational work plans;
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities;
- Training skills to build the capacity of partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH staff, county government officials and the local communities;
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, SPSS, ODK, Google meet and forms;
- Knowledge and practical application of GIS.
Base of Operations: Kisumu and Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the other KIWASH project sites as needed.
Reporting: The M&E specialist will report to the Senior M&E Manager.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should CLICK HERE to apply online.
Deadline for applications will be September 10, 2020 at 5 pm.
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the link and by the deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency of the recruitment, shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.