Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of Specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under a group-based practice model.
We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Bungoma and Nakuru.
We are looking to fill the following positions with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us.
Job Title: Medical Officer
Job Location: Kitui
General Description: Reporting to the Administrator, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing consultancy and quality clinical judgment to patients.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to:
- Manage the OPD / Emergency / Ward and assist the consultants
- Initiate and monitor treatment;
- Conduct medical procedures under supervision after getting the consent from the patient’s attendant.
- Accompany consultant doctors on IPD Ward visits
- In the absence of the Consultant – Pay timely visits to In – patients and treat the patients along the indicated line of treatment
- Attend emergencies and inform consultant doctors for further action.
- Check and authorize all diagnostic requisition slips.
- Ensure that duties and functions are undertaken in a manner that prioritizes the safety and well-being of patients;
- Assess patients on admission and/or discharge as required and write detailed reports in the case notes;
- Consultations should not only be limited to actions beyond their scope, but also in uncertain situations as well as where extra assistance would improve performance
- Mentorship & supervision of clinical attachees
- Order and interpret diagnostic tests;
- Providing information regarding the patient’s condition to his/her attendant whenever required.
- Attend clinics and participate in relevant meetings, case conferences and ward rounds; followed by documentation of findings on each patients’ chart; follow through with actions arising from the round.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary clinical audit and proactive risk management and facilitate production of all data / information for same; cooperate with investigations, enquiries or audit relating to the provision of health services;
- Maintain professional standards in relation to confidentiality and ethics; abide by the Kenyan Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board
- Seek advice and assistance from the consultant / clinical director / employer with any assigned cases or issues that prove to be beyond the scope of his / her professional competence in line with principles of best practice and clinical governance;
- Cover for occasional unplanned absence of colleagues;
- Ensuring compliance with legal requirements
- Degree in Medicine from a recognized University
- More than two years working experience.
- Must be Registered/Licensed by the Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
- Competency and certification in emergency procedures e.g. ACLS, BLS, ATLS etc. will be an added advantage.
- Excellent public relations and communication skills
- General competencies in Obstetrics, Pediatrics, medical, surgical, Outpatient care.
- Must have a professional Indemnity insurance.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Cover Letter and CV only to email@example.com quoting the job title with the word Kitui or Homa Bay or Kisii on the email Subject.
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at any of our affiliates where we have the vacancies.
- We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
- Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
- Indicate your salary expectation in your application.
- Applications to reach us before close of business 7th August 2020.
“Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is an equal opportunity employer”