Vacancy Announcement: QA Analyst (Software Tester)
Our client deals in high quality Bulk LPG gas which is ideal for industrial and commercial consumers spanning from plastic manufacturing, steel shaping, glass making, hospitals, hotels, aerosols manufacturing.
Our client has the capacity to fulfil the LPG gas requirements.
Our client is looking for a professional and seasoned Software Tester (QA Analyst) to be responsible for designing and running tests on software usability.
Purpose Statement of the Position: The Software Tester will conduct tests, analyze the results, and report observations to the design team. You may also interact with clients in order to understand the requirements of the product.
One should have knowledge of software and test design, the capability to run through tests, and the ability to analyze the results.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our products, applications and systems work correctly and seamlessly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for finding and reporting bugs and glitches.
- Reviewing software requirements and preparing test scenarios.
- Develop and execute manual and automated tests on software usability.
- Analyzing test results on database impacts, errors or bugs, and usability.
- Preparing reports on all aspects and creating logs to document testing phases and defects related to the software testing carried out and reporting to the design team.
- Interacting with clients to understand product requirements.
- Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Report bugs and errors to development teams
- Manage builds and releases
- Conduct post-release/ post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Document and generate user manuals
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of test techniques and compatibility with various software programs.
- Working knowledge of test management and execution tools
- Working knowledge of programming.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational skills and detail-oriented mindset.
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Familiar with Agile frameworks and regression testing a plus
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Cruise Control. Net) and scripting
- Knowledge of Micro services and Docker is a plus.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through our website www.dorbe-leit.co.ke before close of business 21st August 2020.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.