Our client is looking for a highly skilled professional individual who can join them in the role of Refrigeration Technician.
Job Overall Purpose: To inspect equipment condition, measure & analyze trends and identify the needs for maintenance (Air conditioning and refrigeration equipment), taking into account production constrains without compromising the safety needs of the plant. Contributes to the best level of performance of the plant’s equipment and maintenance of the same
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- He/she also carries out general repairs and maintenance of machinery and equipment by diagnosing and troubleshooting special service problems following all building codes, blueprints, instructions, and manuals.
- The air conditioning technician’ role also involves estimating material and labour cost and determining plan and requirements for installing, fabricating, and start-up; testing, and servicing HVAC equipment.
- Run equipment, observe its operation, and read instruments and gauges, including Volt-ohm meters; find out temperature gauges and adjust mechanisms, including valves, pumps and controls to direct levels of fluid, temperature, and pressure; charge with specified types and amount of refrigerant, and bleed contaminants from systems; inspect gauges and carry out periodic preventive maintenance checks.
- Provide assistance in planning new installation and modification projects, preparation of specification, and major reconditioning and overhauling projects, applying knowledge of refrigerating systems, engineering specifications, and blueprints
- He/she is also responsible for training and assisting less experienced co-workers, and carrying out other duties that may be assigned.
- Other duties and assignments as necessary given by the supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Trade test in Refrigeration & Ordinary Diploma with 5 years’ experience in a busy manufacturing Industry or Bsc. Mechanical Engineering with 1-year experience in a similar industry.
- Experience in a full Dairy processing plant will be an added advantage
- Computer literate & proficiency in Ms Excel, Ms Word.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Laws and Regulations.
- Engineering drawings reading skills.
- Vibration analysis, laser alignment and balancing is an added advantage
- Good Maintenance and shutdown planning skills
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Attitude of continuous improvement.
How to Apply
If you meet the requirements, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line as “Refrigeration Technician” by Friday 21st August 2020