Chief of Party, Kenya, Agriculture and Market Systems
RTI is currently seeking qualified Kenyan candidates for anticipated Chief of Party positions based in Nairobi, Kenya, expected to begin in 2021.
Chiefs of Party (COP) are responsible for overall project performance, management, and execution ensuring all project deliverables are exceptionally exceeded within budget and compliance while ensuring strong and favorable client relations.
- Manages client relations and serves as primary liaison and IDG Representative with the client and stakeholders regarding overall policy, resource mobilization and allocation, joint initiatives and coordination of project management and planning
- Provides technical direction and oversight of activities.
- Hold primary responsibility for project performance and budget management.
- Leads planning, oversight and coordination of all project activities and personnel, operational and technical.
- Ensures all project deliverables exceed expectations and managed within budget.
- Ensure internal integration of project activities through: 1) the annual work plan and budgeting process; 2) creating/maintaining an effective project management team; 3) overseeing an effective monitoring and evaluation system
- Provide leadership and oversight for areas such as Finance, Operations, Reporting, Public Affairs, Fund Management and Human Resources; liaise with Regional Office and business partners per policy and practice.
- Responsible to ensure all staff receives adequate security and operational support and that Standard Operating Procedures are implemented.
- Manage all aspects of staffing and creating/maintaining a clear organizational structure with specific roles, responsibilities and reporting lines.
- Ensure management systems are operational to track expenditures (including labor) and monitor same against the Program work plan and budget, according to both company policy and client standards/regulations
- Responsible for developing and implementing practices to ensure a high level of staff morale and retention.
- Demonstrated expertise and a minimum of 15 years’ experience in managing large (at least $10 million), complex value chain or agribusiness projects, with an experience in production, agricultural economics, market intelligence, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a COP, Project Director or other similar management experience for projects with similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects, flexible and creative.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Master’s Degree in international development, agronomy, economics, business, or rural development preferred
- Experience managing large subcontracts or grants under contracts preferred.
- Written and verbal fluency in English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel.
- Culturally sensitive and respectful.
Individuals are invited to submit a curriculum vitae (CV) with current contact information and details (including achievements) of relevant experience to F_Agrecruit@rti.org.
All applicants should list the position they are applying for as the subject line in their e-mail by August 31, 2020.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
* No Applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow up having been awarded a position with RTI international. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V