Job Title: Sales Director – Building Segment
Make the most of your energy in a career at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management.
We are passionate about delivering real and innovative solutions in energy management and energy efficiency, making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Building Segment for a Building Segment Sales Director.
The Buildings Segment Sales Director will be a member of the East Africa management team and will be responsible for managing and driving growth of revenues and profits in the East Africa region.
We are looking for a techno-commercial candidate who can sell within the Building sector: Hospitals, Hotels, Banking/Finance, and Commercial Real Estate.
This position requires close management of system opportunities, pipeline management, people management and constant follow up of team’s activities (8 people).
Reporting to the Country President (East Africa), the position holder will be based in our Nairobi office and will cover all East African countries, mainly Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Uganda.
- To drive profitable growth for the overall business unit. To ensure competitive advantage by building customer satisfaction.
- To establish, maintain and grow market coverage through appropriate channel partners and development of capability to serve target markets across all regions.
- To drive commercial excellence through deployment of corporate guidelines and strategies (playbooks) and client platforming.
- To manage overall P & L for the entire business unit by ensuring positive leverage on profitability.
- To drive strategic alignment with country objectives and corporate guidelines and company programmes.
- To ensure strategic alignment of the workforce to meet growth objectives through appropriate resourcing and development of required skills and competencies.
- To create a culture of high performance through the articulation and alignment around vision, mission and strategy.
- To keep abreast of market and industry trends and align strategic, tactical and operational plans.
- To promote and ensure adherence to corporate governance requirements and relevant legislation
- To promote the Schneider brand through specific marketing campaigns/PR initiatives and demand creation for products and solutions through engagement with influencers.
- Must have an engineering qualification
- Qualification in Business Management is an added advantage
- 8 to 10 years’ sales experience within key building segments: Hospitals, Hotels, Banking/Finance, and Commercial Real Estate.
- 8 to 10 years senior management experience in a complex business environment
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Persuading and Influencing
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Adhering to Principles and Values
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Planning and Organising
- Working with People
How to Apply
E-mail your application to firstname.lastname@example.org