Job Title: Senior IT Systems Engineer – Collaboration Systems
Salary: Competitive Based on Experience
Our client is a leading IT solutions provider in the country.
They seek to hire a skilled and well-experienced Senior Engineer who will be tasked with the design, installation and support of technological solutions that help organizations of all types collaborate and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate should be well versed with various solutions including Cisco, Avaya Collaboration Architecture based solutions including Unified Communications, Telepresence/Video, WebEx, Cloud based solutions, Contact Center solutions, and Call Recording solutions.
- Lead a team of engineers during initial installation setup & operation and documentation of work processes & procedures at client premises
- Lead Implementation and maintenance engineers of all collaboration projects
- Assist presales teams where required in designing solutions as per customer requirements.
- Installation and configuration of non-collaboration solutions where required.
- Responsible for as built documentation for all new installation and network upgrades
- Responsible for resolution of network failures and problems at client
- Responsible for maintaining the overall effective operation of the client telecommunications (telephony) and data network systems including design, development, and maintenance
- Motivate and encourage networking team, build teamwork, and foster a sense of accomplishment
- Coordinate networking team and the service advisors for support & maintenance of service contracts, follow up on reports and provide recommendation per client
- Participate in developing short and long-term goals for the networking team
- Support the internal IT team in installation and support of IP Telephony
- Liaise with the services and the networking teams during the servicing of contracts
- Maintain close contact with the presales team when implementing solutions at client’s premises/sites
- Closely liaise with external customers during implementation and support to foster good relationships that will allow continued business
- Maintain close contact with the Helpdesk during the assigning of calls to the Engineers
- Closely liaise with Project Management Officer during implementation to ensure smooth execution of the process
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems/Business & Information Technology/Electrical & Electronics Engineering or any other related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, working with System Integrators in the East African Market
- Cisco certifications preferably CCIE collaboration or CCNP collaboration and other non-collaboration certifications.
- Very Strong Layer 2 & 3 Networking Skills
- Ability to understand other technologies around Enterprise Networking, Data Center, and Security required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good communication skills
- Great customer interaction skills
- 5 years’ experience working with system integrators is a MUST
- Cisco certification is a MUST
- Knowledge of technologies around Enterprise Networking, Data Centre & Security is required
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Senior IT Systems Engineer – Collaboration Systems) to email@example.com on or before Thursday 13th August 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.