Job Title: IP / MPLS Engineer
Business Unit: SimbaNet
Reports to: Core Network Manager
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Job Summary: Reporting to Core Network Manager, the IP/MPLS Engineer will be responsible for core and access network planning and design (IP/MPL), capacity planning, management and ensuring efficient allocations based on defined customer SLAs, provision of carrier/enterprise circuit as well related problem diagnosis and solution.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Specifically the job holder will be responsible for:-
- Core and access network planning and design (IP/MPLS)
- 3rd level escalation point for any arising technical issues
- Core and Access Network documentation
- Capacity planning, management and ensuring efficient allocations as per defined SLA
- Management of network systems (Cacti/MRTG/Nagios/RADIUS servers/Tacacs/Rancid/
- Ensuring customer SLAs are met and exceeded
- Provision of carrier/ enterprise solutions
- Management of core network upgrades/change management
- Management of GPON/ METRO network and ensuring optimal performance at all times.
- Management and planning of IPv4, IPv6 and VLANs.
- Timely weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual report for core and access network on availability and usage.
- Organizing training sessions for NOC and Support.
- Diagnose problems and solve issues
- Regular network auditing – for security, availability and resilience
- Monitoring network usage, anticipating problems and suggesting technical solutions
Required Education, Experience & Attributes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Telecommunication, Information technology, Computer Science or Electrical & Electronic Engineering from a recognized university
- CCNA/CCNP/JNCIA/JNCIS Certification
- A minimum of 3 years technical experience in the telecommunications environment with deep knowledge of IP network services and direct interaction with clients
- Good knowledge on IP/MPLS network design and provision of services
- Good network diagnostic skills
- Basic Linux CLI skills
- Ability to work well in a busy team, a quick learner who is able to deal with a wide range of issues
- Strong analytical skills and ability to collate and interpret data from various sources
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to work in a call-out Rota running 24/7
How to Apply
Interested candidates to send updated CV to email@example.com with job the title ”IP/MPLS Engineer” as the subject line not later than 11 August, 2020.
Wananchi Group is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive remuneration and benefits to the right candidate.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.