Our Client, an exclusive private membership social club located in Nairobi seeks to recruit an Internal Auditor.
Purpose of Role: The Internal Audit function is to coordinate specific processes to support the implementation and execution of the audit plan, monitoring compliance, preparing and presenting audit findings and recommendations, and providing assurance of compliance with statutory requirements, policies and procedures in line with IIA Standards and the club’s policies and procedures.
The Internal Auditor will provide independent, objective assurance and advice designed to add value and improve the club’s operations while focusing on internal control systems, risk management framework and governance.
Reports to: Board of Directors with accountability to the General Manager.
A solid understanding of hospitality is essential.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing an internal control framework.
- Developing and implementing Annual Risk-Based Audit Plans.
- Enterprise Risk Management planning, execution, monitoring, evaluation and consolidation of the club’s Risk Management matrices.
- Following up the implementation and closure of the Board and Audit committee’s resolutions.
- Communicating and reporting audit and enterprise risk management findings to management and the board.
- Planning and conducting audit assignments as directed by the Board and/or Audit Committee and General Manager.
- Identifying, developing and maintaining systems required to support management in the risk management process.
- Analyzing audit results for proper “corrective actions” for management to improve.
- Making recommendations on best practices to avoid fraud and reduce waste.
- Provide observation and recommendation to various control owners for improving the control and follow up within a reasonable timeframe.
- Evaluate on a periodic basis the effectiveness of the key control methods providing alternatives where necessary.
- Reporting on risk management issues.
- Anticipating emerging issues through data and assessment.
- Providing training to staff to build audit / risk awareness.
- Liaising with external auditors as required.
Education & Qualification
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant professional qualification in auditing/finance.
- 5 years+ experience in auditing preferably in the hospitality industry.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in hospitality operations with problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of accounting, finance and risk management.
- Interpreting financial and other records.
- Critical understanding of establishment and operation of internal control mechanisms.
- Proven understanding and application of risk management frameworks.
- Ability to use spreadsheets, accounting software and other desktop IT packages.
- Interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels including Board level.
- Demonstrate high levels of integrity.
Role Complexities & Leadership Capabilities
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
- Requires extensive knowledge of how the hospitality industry works.
- Ability to hold multiple perspectives and show mental agility in approaching problems.
- Audit metrics and reporting.
- Operational efficiency.
- Staff capacity, ability and engagement.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Internal Auditor on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.