Our Client, an exclusive private membership social club located in Nairobi seeks to recruit a Membership Relations Manager.
Purpose of Role
The Membership Relations function seeks to deliver significant contributions towards the business’ productivity and growth goals.
The Membership Relations Manager role is complex, with varying stakeholder and member needs, and key relationships at an executive level.
The prime accountability for the role is to provide a strategic direction to membership relations activities.
The role will be responsible for all member facing activities and will oversee the all front office staff as well as the business centre and library section.
Reports to: General Manager.
A solid understanding of the industry landscape and how to navigate is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with members to encourage participation in club events and maintain a high level of member satisfaction.
- Monitor member trends, queries and issues to facilitate an understanding of their needs for the purposes of directing relationship management and marketing.
- Maintain an issues database/tracker to help in tracking member issues upto resolution.
- Handle the production of member-related communication materials to keep members abreast of ongoing club activities.
- Manage all steps of the member onboarding process and ensure proper execution by applicable department heads.
- Design and implement initiatives meant to acclimate new members, and others to keep current members engaged.
- Responsible for the creation, implementation, and execution of member related events.
- Effectively communicate with staff to increase knowledge of membership goals, membership satisfaction, membership retention, and membership activities.
- Staff development. Training staff members to provide the highest standards of member service.
Education & Qualification
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant specialized training e.g. marketing, hospitality, sales, relationship management, food & beverage operations, customer service.
- 5 years+ experience in a similar business environment.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in a similar capacity with problem-solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of relationship management metrics and service charter.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to monitor and interpret trends.
- Strong communication, influencing skills and marketing skills.
- Database management.
Role Complexities & Leadership Capabilities
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
- Requires extensive experience in relationship management, customer service, marketing and communications.
- Ability to hold multiple perspectives and show mental agility in approaching problems.
- Turnaround time on resolution of issues and member queries on email and for walk in members
- First call resolution
- Overall member satisfaction
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: email@example.com with Membership Relations Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.