Our Client, an exclusive private membership social club located in Nairobi seeks to recruit an Operations Manager.
Purpose of Role: The Operations function seeks to deliver significant contributions towards the business, productivity and growth goals.
This role is seeking to deliver value creation to support operating margin improvement and gain competitive advantage through strengthening our shared services.
The Operations Manager role is complex, with varying stakeholder and customer needs, and key relationships at an executive level.
The prime accountability for the role is to drive value by analyzing and improving operational processes.
The responsibility is to set quality, productivity and efficiency standards to achieve optimal member satisfaction and cost optimization. This role will lead procurement decisions, F&B Services, Catering, ICT, Marketing & Communications, Security, Health & Safety, Drivers, Spa and Stores.
Reports to: General Manager
Direct reports: 10
A solid understanding of hospitality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work proactively with section leads to achieve optimal member satisfaction, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality, set and maintain standards in our offerings and services.
- Ensure adherence and compliance to operating controls, internal SOPs and all legislation.
- Ensure compliance with licensing, hygiene and health & safety legislation/guidelines.
- Steer ICT to leverage on technology to improve business processes for efficiency.
- Oversee departmental budget and reporting.
- Oversee efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Education & Qualification
- Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Relevant specialized training e.g. certification in hospitality management/hotel management.
- 5 years+ experience in a similar business environment.
Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in hospitality operations with problem-solving capabilities.
- Experience overseeing operations in areas of Service, Catering and other shared resources.
- Working knowledge of how to leverage on technology to drive efficiency.
- Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
- Budget and controls.
- Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Hospitality Industry including health & safety.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Role Complexities & Leadership Capabilities
- Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
- Requires extensive knowledge of how the hospitality industry works to understand operations.
- Ability to hold multiple perspectives and show mental agility in approaching problems.
- Member satisfaction – achieve optimal members satisfaction.
- Standard Operating Procedures – ensuring SOPs are maintained in different areas to achieve consistency and maintain standards.
- Cost Optimization, Effectiveness and Efficiency. This role will have revenue and cost targets.
- Business Processes Improvement.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Manager on the Subject line.
Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.