Job Title: Technical Operations Manager – Solar Projects
Industry: Renewable Energy
Salary: 350K – 400K
Our client is a leading renewable energy company in the country.
They seek to hire an efficient Technical Operations Manager tasked with managing the technical department and coordinating all technical projects as well as ensuring timely installation of power backup, grid tie and solar water heating systems.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project plan/schedule for each project
- Identify and allocate resources (human, motor vehicles) to installations, ensuring relevant materials and/or tools are prepared beforehand
- Schedule all new installations and agree with client on dates and timings. Ensure continuous feedback/update via telephone or email to client/sales representative on the progress of the installation.
- Have an up to date technical diary showing all works in progress, duration and necessary resources
- Evaluate, plan, execute and finalize projects within agreed time frames
- Monitor installations daily and ensure on-time error free delivery
- Set standards for all technical projects and ensure adherence
- Arrange for audits for all Power Back-up & Water Heating system installations
- Visit project sites to ensure progress and milestones are being met
- Effectively enforce set project standards and SOPs
- Manage day-to-day interaction with clients
- Able to track team hours and revenue generated by each team member
- Drive, implement and maintain the checklists and flowcharts, ensuring it is used appropriately by all relevant personnel.
- Ensure checklist is completed fully, signed off and filed in the Customers Technical File.
- Where necessary, assist the sales team in site surveys, drawings and subsequent quotes prior to undertaking any major project
- Prepare and present reports to senior management, including a weekly report on installation activities for the previous week, and a monthly report on statistics of interest in the service contract business, showing contracts serviced, increase in new accounts, revenue generated and lost contracts if any
- In liaison with customer service department, agree with all service contract customers on the scheduled date of their service.
- Monitor all service calls and ensure clients are billed for all call outs as per laid down policy.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Energy Engineering and/or related technical field.
- Basic Plumbing & Electrical Certificates will be an added advantage
- Hands-on Installation works in Solar Water Heating and Power Back-up systems
- ERC License Holder
- At least 5 years technical experience in the solar industry.
- Hands-on leadership, team management and people development skills.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment in a small team and enjoy multi-tasking and working under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to project a positive image for him/ herself and the company.
- Good team player with a commitment to value-based leadership.
- Credibility and flexibility to deal with people at variety of levels and cultures.
- Highly Analytical.
- Quick learner, capable of grasping the structure & intricacies of the energy business & markets.
- High business acumen.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness, reliability and integrity.
- Self-motivated with persuasive, enthusiastic and client-centric focus.
- Ability and willingness to travel is required; frequent and regular visits to prospects and customers.
N.B: Experience of over 5 years in a technical role in the solar industry is a must
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Technical Operations Manager) to email@example.com on or before Tuesday 1st September 2020
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.