Position title: Senior HR Officer
Industry: Waste Management and Recycling
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Summary of Role: TakaTaka Solutions is looking to recruit an experienced HR professional to oversee all aspects of human resources operations and processes. The candidate will report to the Chief Operations Officer.
Company Background: TakaTaka Solutions is a waste management and recycling company. We are engaged in waste collection, material recovery, composting and recycling. We recycle 95% of the waste we collect.
- Take lead in all recruitment and selection processes, consult department heads for their recruitment needs and develop a strategy to ensure the gaps are covered including induction of new staff.
- Act as a focal point for all staff grievances related issues including disciplinary action and administer staff welfare plans.
- Manage, track and maintain a proper filing system for all HR records including recruitment, leave days, contracts of personnel, renewal of contracts, benefits, compensation etc. and confidentiality of the same observed.
- Implement and develop the HR policies and procedure ensuring all staff are aware of them.
- Manage all payroll systems, ensuring all dedications made e.g. statutory NSSF, NHIF, loans etc. and supervise salaries to staff and salary survey when needed and consulted by the NGS.
- Conduct performance appraisals and establishing an annual training and development plan.
- Take lead in Employee related matters; liaise with facility managers to ensure staff concerns, issues and grievances are managed and handled adequately
Qualifications & Background
- Experience: 5 years as an HR professional
- Postgraduate Higher Diploma in HRM or CHRP accreditation
- Bachelor in Human Resource Management or related field.
- B in KCSE or better
- Proven work experience as an HR professional, preferable in industry with high number of low skilled staff and employees in multiple locations
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience in handling labour relations matters
Skills and competencies
- Demonstrate honesty, integrity, and strong work ethics
- Organized and calm personality with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Open, critical and proactive communication style about problem areas
- Drive and commitment
- High regard for time management
- A high level of commitment to TakaTaka Solutions’ value and objectives – A highly responsible approach to all tasks
How to Apply
If you are upto challenge, have the necessary qualification and experience please send your CV and cover letter quoting the job title (Senior HR Officer) on the email subject to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5th September 2020.