African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Terms of Reference: Virtual Staff Team Building
Introduction: The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led research institution committed to generating an Africa-owned body of evidence to inform decision making for an effective and sustainable response to the most critical challenges facing the continent.
APHRC is based in Nairobi (Kenya) with offices in Senegal and carries out its work in over 30 Sub-Saharan African Countries. The Center’s vision is to transform lives in Africa through research, while its mission is to generate evidence, strengthen research capacity, and engage policy to inform action on population health and well-being.
Context and Purpose: The APHRC has been working remotely since mid-March 2020 and wishes to ensure that its staff remain highly cohesive, engaged and happy. The overall purpose of this assignment is to improve collaboration and open communication within remote teams by conducting various fun and engaging activities.
To achieve this, APHRC seeks the services of a team building facilitator to facilitate 3-4 weekly two-hour team-building exercises for its 170 staff spread from October 5 to October 30, 2020.
- Facilitation of virtual team-building exercise
- Video of the team building session on google drive/To be shared within a week after completion of the assignment.
- Carryout post-team building evaluation of the various aspects of the exercise from participants.
- A brief report within two weeks after completion of the exercise, covering the following areas:
- Strengths and areas of improvement of the team and provide appropriate recommendations.
- Team Building evaluation based on feedback from No. 3 above.
- Experience in conducting virtual team building for international organizations with multicultural teams.
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills in English.
- A proposal clearly articulating the methodology to be used in the assignment, the experience of the lead Consultant relevant to the assignment (attach CV) and two video samples of similar assignment undertaken.
- A budget clearly indicating the cost per session.
- A list of referees for similar assignments.
Submit applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with the subject line: “Proposal for team building facilitation”.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 by 5.00 pm.
APHRC will hold full copyright of all images; any use shall require permission from APHRC.