Advert: Job Evaluation Consultancy
CHAK is a national Faith Based Organization of the Protestant Churches’ health facilities and programs from all over Kenya.
Established in 1946, CHAK has the goal of promoting universal access to quality health care.
The organization’s structure includes member health facilities and programmes, governance organs, a regional structure and the Secretariat based in Nairobi.
CHAK has a compliment of 60 staff at Secretariat and regional offices working for the Secretariat and it’s projects.
CHAK is seeking to engage a consultancy firm to undertake a comprehensive Job Analysis and Job Evaluation assignment that will provide an evidence-based Job Grading and Salary Structure for its Secretariat and projects staff.
The specific objectives for the consultancy include the following;
1. To undertake the process of review and updating of the Job Grading and Salary Structure that will be most appropriate to CHAK as an organization and its projects, in order to address any inequities and/or disparities in similar functions performed at different locations, and set the foundation for implementation of current HR initiatives in the area of performance management, talent management and succession planning with the aim of retaining high performing staff members.
2. To undertake a comprehensive Job Analysis and Job Evaluation of CHAK jobs included in the current and future staffing plan to ensure alignment of functions, grade levels and remuneration, taking into account the basic concept of equal pay for equal value of work
The key expected outputs/deliverables of this exercise will include:
- Inception report on the Job Evaluation and Salary & Benefits structure revision giving detailed methodology to be used in undertaking this assignment including the work plan with delivery timelines
- Job evaluation Strategy Paper or Handbook on CHAK Job Evaluation process
- Train CHAK Management, Job Analysis Team and Job Evaluation Panel to build their capacity on Job Analysis and familiarization with Job Evaluation process.
- Together with Departmental Heads review and update current Job Descriptions and skills specifications
- Draft Job Analysis and Evaluation report which will contain but not limited to:
a) Criteria for job classification
b) Job classification
c) Job Analysis Results
d) Job Evaluation Results
- Recommended Job classification and Grading based on agreed evaluation results
- Recommend revised CHAK Salary and Benefits Manual
The Consultancy firm will carry out the assignment in consultation with the General Secretary and HR.
The Consultancy firm will present the final report with recommendations to CHAK Executive Committee (Board) through the HR Committee of the Board.
Qualification and Experience
The Consultancy Firm should have;
- License from IHRM or other relevant body
- Consultants with at least 10 years of relevant experience of which 5 should be in senior positions in reputable management consultancy firm or with NGOs / FBOs/Health sector
- A minimum of three (3) similar assignmentsin the last 5 years.
- Understanding and experience of working within donor funded projects in health and other related sectors
- Experience in human resource management and organizational development
- Excellent analytical skills, and ability to understand and make logical and clear conclusions and recommendations
- Able to take the initiative and be innovativewith suggestions and recommendations.
- The Consultants should be fluent in written and spoken English.
Expression of interest applications with cost proposal and accompanied by Consultancy Firm Profile that includes detailed CVs of the Consultants and names & contacts of 3 references and copies of relevant professional registration certificates should be sent to CHAK Secretariat by post or Email using the contacts below;
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100, GPO, Nairobi
Tel. (020)4441920 / 0733-334419
The closing date for receiving all applications is 2nd October 2020