Catholic Diocese of Nakuru
Job Vacancy: Clinical Officer
Job Ref: CDN/HR/018/304/2020
The CDN Health department wishes to recruit a highly motivated, competent, honest and remarkably talented Clinical Officer with experience in a busy hospital.
The Clinical Officer will work with other staff to maintain high clinical standards and actively promote quality health care delivery and smooth running of the hospital and to provide care to patients in the hospital who require acute medical intervention that can be provided by a Clinical Officer:
Key Responsibilities and Deliverables
- To review patients on a regular basis in accordance with the plan of care made at the beginning of the shift and inform the hospital administrator and the medical officer in charge of any issues or problems.
- To respond to any adverse occurrences e.g. injuries, falls, sudden illnesses etc, suffered by patients, visitors or staff.
- Responsible for carrying out clinical activities when called upon by the hospital management which include medical history taking, physical exam, diagnosing, prescribing, counseling and ensuring holistic care of patients.
- Examine and recommend referral of complicated cases for specialized services to the medical officer in charge.
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in clinical medicine and surgery from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered by the clinical officer council.
- PMTC or EMTC training is a must.
- Emergency preparedness management is an added advantage.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years post internship experience.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed CV, and cover letter only to email@example.com so as to be received by 10th October 2020.
Applicants must indicate Current & Expected consolidated salary in their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Catholic Diocese of Nakuru is an equal opportunity employer