African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Terms of Reference: Facilitator for Mixed Methods Research Training Workshop
Background: The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa-based international research institute engaged in multidisciplinary, evidence-based policy research.
Our researchers address important issues and challenges facing Africa in areas such as education, health, population, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. We engage with policymakers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions and improve the quality of life in Africa.
APHRC seeks to engage a consultant to undertake curriculum development, preparation of training materials, and facilitation of a Mixed Methods Research training workshop scheduled for October 12 – 16, 2020. This course will be offered virtually.
The successful candidate is expected to be present (virtually) throughout the 5-day workshop.
The candidate is also expected to participate in a 2-hour Training of Trainer (ToT) session which will precede the workshop (date to be communicated).
Scope of Work:
- Prepare training curriculum including course materials and share with Training Coordinator at least a week prior to the workshop
- Facilitate course sessions virtually during the 5-day workshop
- Be present during the workshop to serve as an expert resource to participants
- Review and provide feedback to participants during individual/group exercise and feedback sessions
- Provide a short (~ 2 pages) reflective report post-training.
Requirements for Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD level training in health, biostatistics, or relevant field of study
- Over 10 years’ prior experience in delivering methodological short course training, five of which specifically focused on mixed methods research
- Experience in conducting short course training targeting graduate students, post-docs, early career researchers, and/or other practicing researchers
- At least 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals and over 20 conference presentations
- Excellent writing, editing, and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated experience in health research will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Application documents which include CV and Cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and a copy to email@example.com by 14th September 2020.
Please use “Facilitator for Mixed Methods Research Training” as the subject title of your email; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc.
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children.