Job Title: Director, Finance
Employment type: Full time, permanent or contract
Direct report: Chief Executive Officer
Profile within the organisation: Member of senior leadership team
Location of role: Nairobi, Kenya
Our client, a reputable financial institution within the region, is looking for a forward-thinking and experienced individual to fill the role of Director, Finance.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced finance professional with extensive understanding of and exposure to leading practice (technology and data enabled) financial management within the financial services sector
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the role holder will be responsible for providing direction in financial resource planning, monitoring, and management and reporting, including development of policies, systems, processes that would safeguard the financial resources and lead to attainment of set goals and objectives for the institution.
The role holder will be a member of the senior leadership team and will be responsible for developing and overseeing the implementation of leading practice strategies, policies, and initiatives within assigned portfolio to ensure the provision of excellent services to the organisation.
Summary of key responsibilities
- Strategy formulation, budgeting, processes development, ensuring the organisation’s financial systems are robust, linked to overall organisation vision and ensuring compliance with KRA and service charters.
- Overseeing the preparation and publishing of the organisation’s annual financial statements and reporting; implementing agreed audit recommendation and board presentation.
- Managing the organisation’s policies regarding capital requirements/expenditure, acquisition and disposals; ensuring timely updates; payment and payroll approvals; overseeing maintenance of finance IT systems.
- Keeping abreast of the latest trends in financial accounting and sharing learning with the finance team: mentoring, coaching and training
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance/ accounting or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution.
- A Master’s in business administration in finance/strategy or any other relevant area from a reputable institution will be an added advantage.
- Full membership with relevant local, regional or global professional bodies is a mandatory requirement.
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in financial management in a demanding financial and accounting reporting environment preferably financial services sector.
- At least five years in career history must be in a similar role in terms of scale and complexity.
- Demonstrable/ working knowledge of an accounting system and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) including use of business intelligence concepts and tools.
A full role profile for the position can be accessed at home.kpmg.com/ke.
If your experience matches this exciting opportunity, please submit your application to email@example.com before 4 September 2020.
Only applications submitted through the email address stated in the advert will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.