At Siginon Group, our determination to achieve our vision “ To be A World – Class Logistics Company” is at the heart of everything we do.
We are proactively designing systems and processes that ensure operational excellence underlined by our target of Powering Trade for all our customers.
Block by block, we are building a team of Qualified, Motivated, Competent and Energized individuals with a Winning culture to drive this vision.
It is with this in mind that we announce the below vacancy.
Mechanics, Heavy Commercial Vehicles
10 Positions, Mombasa
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, the job holder will be responsible for inspecting, assembling mechanical components and performing repairs on heavy commercial vehicles / trucks .
- Conduct regular maintenance on company trucks.
- Maintain work logs, repairs, and maintenance records.
- Monitor inventory and order new parts when necessary.
- Design a plan of action for all maintenance tasks and upgrades.
- Assemble all mechanical components according to specifications.
- Offer consultation on maintenance and preventative procedures to vehicle users.
- Examine trucks systems and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
- Regularly meet with truck drivers to better understand their concerns and identify the issue affecting their trucks.
- Perform vehicle assessments and alert the workshop supervisor and the Transport Manager on issues that will prohibit their vehicles from passing inspection.
- Performs specific administrative tasks associated with the updating and maintaining of records related to the operations of the mechanical workshop.
Education, Professional Qualifications & Work Experience
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or at least Trade test 2 and above.
- Minimum of three years work experience repairing Heavy Commercial Vehicles.
- Auto electrician experience will be an added advantage.
- Ability to carry out electronic diagnosis on Mercedes Benz and Man trucks will be an added advantage.
- KCSE Certificate C-
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- High level of integrity.
How to Apply
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described, send your application and detailed CV to email@example.com, quoting the job title on the subject line of the email by 26th September 2020.