The Nairobi Regional Delegation International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is seeking for interested and motivated persons to fill the position of ICT Specialist 2.
Overall Responsibility: The ICT Specialist 2 manages and organizes all ICT systems and services in the location where he is posted. He assists the ICT Manager in designing and installing ICT infrastructure.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manages ICT projects assigned by supervisor, document them and ensure that they are delivered on time;
- Ensures existing ICT infrastructure is functional. Carry out regular quality controls;
- Drafts and keeps technical documentation up to date for all ICT installations;
- Ensures that global/country-level policies and procedures are implemented and followed.;
- Briefs, advises and trains end-users on the ICRC’s ICT systems and equipment;
- Follows the tickets attribution and ongoing requests in absence of the supervisor;
- Allocates equipment in an efficient manner, considering users’ needs and ICRC policies;
- Keeps track of equipment allocations, dispatches equipment and follows up on shipments to and from other ICRC sites;
- Updates the ICT Inventory after every change of attribution or intervention on a device, strictly following the SoP for Inventory management;
- Liaises with suppliers and support companies to request for goods or services as instructed by the ICT management and ensure that all the accounting details are in order before payments are made;
- Install, maintain and repair all IT hardware, IT infrastructure (LAN, WAN, Wireless) and Telecom (HF, VHF, sat phones, PABX, etc.) in line with ICRC standards;
- The work area of the ICT specialist covers all the sites of the NAI Regional Delegation.
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in IT, electronics, computer science or similar field;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ troubleshooting experience in an area of the ICT service catalogue (e.g. network administration, workplace services, telecommunications, IT, helpdesk, radio, etc.);
- Excellent ICT knowledge (computers, servers, utilities, printers and peripherals);
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (Knowledge of French is an asset);
- Experience in HF & VHF radio, Vsat and PABX installations and technologies. GVF certification is an asset;
- Professional certification(s) in domains of Network, Operating System, Software Development, ICT services management is/are an asset.
- Certificate of good conduct.
The interested candidates should fill up a form by clicking the link below on or before the 18th September 2020 at 4:30 pm then submit their CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas, Degree etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Nairobi Delegation, HR Department to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The reference ICT SPECIALIST 2 must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not fill out the required information as per the link provided or clearly state the position for which you are applying and attach the required certificates & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants must have the permanent right to work in Kenya.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.