Our client, IDB Capital Limited, a Development Finance Institution is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Enterprise Development.
Its mandate is to further economic development of Kenya by assisting in the promotion, establishment, expansion and modernization of medium and large industrial enterprises.
They wish to recruit an Driver.
JOB REF: MN 7992
JOB PURPOSE: To officially drive staff on business trips, ensure that the vehicle is clean, well maintained and safe guard both the vehicle and the passengers.
The incumbent jobholder shall also be responsible for the delivery of IDB’s official mails.
- Ensure that IDB’s vehicles are well maintained and in serviceable condition.
- Ensures that the vehicles are safely parked and locked.
- Ensures that the insurance is up to date.
- Ensuring the vehicle has the necessary tools (tool box, spotlight, umbrella, fire extinguisher, and an equipped first aid kit).
- Ensures that he/she drives the assigned company car in a safe, professional and defensive manner.
- Ensures that the company vehicle is kept tidy and presentable.
- Monitors the vehicles service schedule and promptly advises his supervisors.
- Ensuring his/her driving license is valid at all times and that vehicles are always fueled on time.
- Maintaining the work ticket for the assigned vehicle.
- Report any incidence to the supervisor and/or the police immediately they occur.
- Responsible for opening and closing up of the offices early in the morning for cleaning services to continue and closing it in the evening.
- Maintain security and safety of the Organization.
- Does the delivery of official mails and managing of in and out trays.
- Carries out any other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) Mean Grade D+ or its equivalent qualification
- Minimum 5 years driving experience
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements and valid for any of the classes of vehicles which the officer is required to drive.
- Defensive driving certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized institution.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct.
- An accident free driving period of 3 years.
- First aid skills
- Mechanical skills
- Valid driving licence (Class BCE)
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
Email your application including a Cover Letter and a copy of your CV to email@example.com by 4th September 2020
Ensure you indicate your current or past monthly salary. (This is a mandatory requirement)
Applications should be emailed directly to the email address given above
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted
CLOSING DATE: 4TH SEPTEMBER 2020