Head of Channels – Retail Banking
Reporting to the Divisional Director Retail, the role holder is responsible for the management, business delivery, growth, and profitability of the Retail Banking Channels:
- Agency Banking
- Merchant Acquiring,
- Card Issuing,
- Mobile Banking
New Branch set up and refurbishment of existing Branch Outlets and ATMs
The Head of Channels will also strategically guide the Bank in delivering the channels business objectives in line with the Bank’s overall objectives and emerging trends.
- Formulate and execute the Merchant Acquiring business strategies to hold and grow the Bank’s market share in this business in line with the Bank’s growth and innovation strategy.
- Formulate and execute the card issuing strategy on debit, prepaid and credit cards in line with the Bank’s growth and innovation strategy.
- Formulate and execute Agency Banking strategy delivery channel to fulfill the Bank’s overall strategy.
- Identify business expansion opportunities and review request for new business outlets, ATM expansion in liaison with Branch and Regional Managers to expand the market share of the business.
- Develop and implement growth profitability models for each delivery channel.
- Lead in management of the channels business stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Drive the management of Retail Banking costs within budgets with an active drive towards reducing it on the basis of the overall objectives of the Bank.
- Driving optimal channels business staffing and performance as well as formulate their career growth framework.
- Monitor drive and analyze overall Retail channels performance against target to ensure achievement of business targets.
- Spearhead the reviews and implementation of quality operations standards, risk management and compliance in every delivery channel with the ultimate aim of reduction of operating coast, fraud and losses through adherence to set policies and procedures and holistic corporate governance.
- Management of Banks’ tariffs on an annual basis, benchmarking this with competition and changing customer needs.
- Train & equip teams in the channels business to enhance capacities
For the above position, the successful applicant should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business-related field from an institution recognized by Commission for University Education. Possession of Master of Business Administration degree is added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ Senior Management experience in Retail Banking performing in roles such as Sales / Business Development in Merchant Acquiring, IMT, Agency Banking and Card Issuing.
- Sound knowledge of Banking Operations, Risk Management and Compliance
- Strong competencies in financial analysis and report writing skills is essential
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Assertive, self-motivated with desire to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
The above position is a demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please CLICK HERE to log in to our Recruitment Portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Wednesday, 7th October 2020.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
In the event that you are invited to interview for any positions, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA Pin Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Police Clearance Certificate (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic and Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service from previous employers as applicable