Job Title: Lathe Machine Operator
Nature of Job: Full Time
Starting Salary: KES 18,000 – 20,000
Job Location: Industrial Area, Nairobi
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading blueprints and understanding how the final product should look
- Prepare the machines to process the raw materials by adjusting specific settings, such as height and width.
- Preparing the raw materials for parts manufacturing. This includes ensuring the materials used are the right size.
- Observing the blueprints and parts plans to ensure correct materials are being used.
- After the machine and materials have been prepared for fabrication, lathe operators run the lathe and other machines in a safe and efficient manner. They are responsible for the proper operation of the machine so parts are manufactured correctly.
- Performing quality control inspections on all parts and components they fabricate. This includes comparing the finished parts to blueprints and other plans.
- Maintaining all the lathes and other industrial machines they operate. This includes monitoring the lathe’s performance to ensure it is operating properly. If the lathe operator finds any problems with their machines, they are responsible for scheduling maintenance.
Qualifications / Requirements / Key Skills
- Diploma / Certificate in any Engineering Course
- One year experience as a lathe machine Operator
- Good technical skills
- Team player
- Trainable with good communication skills
How to Apply
If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Interviews will be carried out on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.