Job Title: Marketing Manager (German Speaking)
Nature of Job: Part Time
Industry: School / Events
Salary: Attractive (Negotiable)
Job Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Key Requirement: German Language
Job Summary: Our client, an international school based in Nairobi, is looking to fill the role of a Marketing Manager who is familiar with German language (Spoken and written).
Reporting to the Head of Administration, the Marketing Manager will be responsible for the day to day marketing activities and the long term marketing strategy for the school.
This role requires close cooperation with the school’s management team, as well as with the school board.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing school events from inception to completion. This includes events both inside and outside of the school also entailing marketing activities such as participating in Education Fairs, organizing the School Open Day, tournaments, school summer festival, Christmas festivals, school’s jumble sale, etc.
- Maintaining the school’s web based & social media platforms including the weekly school newsletter. This includes the content of the newsletter, graphics, proofreading and editing
- Assisting in the day-to-day management and developing new content for these platforms including its discussion forums and online communities, while ensuring that all the information is prepared in English and German
- Preparing and implementing the short and long term marketing plan for the school
- Implementing a marketing and branding strategy for the school, taking into account its current profile within the community, sponsors.
- This strategy should define, strengthen and promote the school’s brand and effectively market the work and competencies to all appropriate departments
- Developing and maintaining sustainable relationships with journalists, publishers and other key players in the circles and the mass media with a view to raising school’s visibility locally and internationally.
- Building and maintaining relationships with the school community (parents), including the alumni portal, its environs and German speaking embassies, cultural institutions, universities in Germany, etc. As well as building relationships with other international schools/organizations and outreach markets with creative PR concepts for current and future launch programs for continuously uplifting the school’s image.
- Utilising these contacts on a long term basis to earn sponsorships that will be beneficial to ongoing school projects
- Developing a guideline on increasing sponsorship for the school as well as planning and implementing timescales and methods on when to approach sponsors for various projects
- Managing and implementing a strategy of increasing school’s visibility within the local and expatriate communities via events, publications, meetings, etc.
- Developing selected communication materials, including brochures and graphic work to promote the school, this will include the graphic editing, proof-reading and copy editing
- Ensuring the smooth implementation of all communications, knowledge management, branding in coordination with the management team
- Conducting any other assignments related to knowledge management, marketing, communications, branding as may be required. Overseeing the function of the School Shop including ordering of marketing material/branding, overseeing product inventory, showcasing and selling of the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing / Public Relations or both
- At least 2 years’ experience in coordinating events
- At least 1-2 years of communications experience with a not-for-profit institution.
- Confident command of the German & English languages, orally and in writing
- Strong media pitching and writing skills, with an emphasis on education and social media required.
- Demonstrated passion for media relations with a proven ability to secure visibility in the market
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to email@example.com
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.