Mary’s Meals is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 1.6 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning Manager to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Programme Manager, he/she will be responsible for enhancing the capacity of Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) to deliver a quality programme that adheres to all Mary’s Meals (MM) values and standards, and that follows a pathway to better performance by monitoring and improving its efficiency and the impact of its intervention.
The role promotes a culture of shared learning, accountability, and innovation within the programme.
The MEL Manager is acting as country-level accountability focal point. S/he is expected, in consultation with the Programme Manager, to take lead in the design and implementation of programme impact assessment and accountability strategies and plans, complaints and feedback mechanism, transparency (information sharing) and learning (consistent documentation of learning and progress).
The MEL Manager is also responsible for the validation and analysis of the day-to-day core programme data at all stages of stock management, children reached, monitoring and data in line with the School Feeding delivery Model and Mary’s Meals School Feeding Model.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Coordination of Programme Delivery
- To provide strategic support to our programme delivery for expansion assessment, project proposal, annual plans
- To support the implementation of Mary’s Meals MEL strategy
- To collaborate with MMI Policy, Innovation and Learning Team for research and impact assessment projects.
- To ensure control and validation of Programme Delivery KPIs in line with the School Feeding Delivery Model
- To contribute to regular programme risk analysis
Programme Quality Assurance, Collaboration and Support
- Establish robust quality control/Quality Assurance structures that ensure the programme is in step with all strategic roadmaps and key performance indicators including development/training on all data tools, data validation and call out quality concerns
- Conduct thorough review of the Food Order to ensure data accuracy
- Ensure MMK compliance and continuous improvement approaches to all data quality, collection, analysis and management protocols, policies and procedures.
- Take lead on programme impact assessment, monitoring of pilot projects including programme baseline surveys.
- Take lead in designing Terms of References for external consultants for all programme impact assessments, evaluations, and approved research projects.
- Provide oversight in management and timely completion of high-level programme and donor reports.
- Take lead on monitoring directly, through surveys in the field other accountability dimensions [or factors] such as programme impact assessment, extent to which Mary’s Meals values, standards, and policies (e.g. child protection) are adhered to.
Leadership and governance
- As a leader, live and champion the Mary’s Meals (MM) values, principles, and values to all staff within the team, other in-country and MMI functions including stakeholders.
- Objectively challenge the ways of working and suggest innovative improvement approaches that are in line with MM Model.
- Build an effective, competent, and highly motivated MEL team including through induction, performance evaluation and overall people development/management.
- Ensure MMK compliance and 3600 accountability to all programme delivery principles, policies, and standards.
- Take lead in all in country strategy and innovation approaches that seek to grow the MMK Programme
- Ensure good stewardship, cost-effectiveness and sustainability of all resources accorded to the MEL function to achieve their core mandate. This includes taking lead in budget development, forecasts and strategic plans.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- BA/BSc in social science or relevant courses (e.g. information management, statistics, Project management, Social science, Environmental Science and technology, physical planning or any
other relevant field).
- Robust data collation, analysis and interpretation skills.
- Advanced Excel skills and knowledge in data management and analysis computer applications
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Ability/Experience to lead on implementation of MEL strategy.
- Ability to communicate well across all levels and work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Report writing skills.
- Strong numeracy and IT skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a senior MEL role within the NGO sector in Kenya and ASAL.
- Experience of implementing and reporting against an agreed MEL strategy.
- Experience of coordinating data collection, collation and analysis and data audits.
- Familiarity with MEL methods and practices in international development
- Strong People Management Skills
- Experience with digital data collection methods.
- Experience working on long-term educational/ development impact assessments.
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, 28th September 2020 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address by latest 9th October 2020.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.