Job Title: Mason
Reporting to: Construction Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Examining and studying layouts and preparing surfaces before working
- Identifying and analyzing the width and length of the area and coming up with a design plan for construction.
- Laying out patterns, forms, or foundations following plans
- Carving out, designing, and building houses and structures
- Preparing a mixture of concrete and plaster to cover surfaces
- Placing materials such as brick on a mortar bed
- Cutting or sawing bricks into specific shapes and sizes to fit around windows and doors
- Building walls, fabricating, altering, repairing, and maintaining walls, floors, fences, and walkways with the use of various materials such as concrete, marble, wood, stone, and bricks
- Laying blocks or bricks following blueprints, plans, or drawings.
- Determining work requirements and sequence of masonry assignments through review of work orders, plans, or drawings.
- Making estimates to know how much time a job will take to be completed and how much the total cost will be
- Ensuring that all safety procedures are strictly adhered to by cleaning up the environment and tools, and wearing the appropriate safety gear such as reflective vests and hats
- Staying up to date with all safety procedures and regulations, and following them rigorously.
- Carrying out all types of brick and block projects as required.
Requirements – Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or Construction
- Several years of professional work experience in executing masonry projects, and expertise in handling various masonry equipment and tools
- Skill in the construction, alteration, repair, and maintenance of masonry structures and surfaces.
- Profound knowledge of mixing cement, plaster, and mortar in adequate proportion
- Adequate knowledge of masonry safety practices and procedures
- Ability to understand the blueprint of structures
- Good physical shape and stamina
- Strong reasoning, communication, and interpersonal skills
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above criteria are required to send their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Mason” being the subject of the email and with detailed CV, names & addresses of three referees before 25th September 2020.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Note: We do not charge any fee for any recruitment process.